Cable Channels - 5 - 68 MIssing

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul M
Cable Channels - 5 - 68 MIssing

Team

I am looking for any ideas.

I have Cable TV and for some unknown reason, Channels 5 - 68 have become unwatchable. The strange thing is the remaining channels are now crystal clear. 2,3,4 then 69,70,71,72 etc

I called Time Warner and they say they have no outages. 

My fear is everytime I have had Time Warner out, they fix one problem and create a whole lot more.

Can anyone give me ANY clues or places to read up on this situation?

thanks

Larry Dillon
Need a little more info Paul.

Need a little more info Paul.  are you using a Cable box?  Is the cable connected directly to your TV set.  If your using a cable box have you tryed the box on another TV set?  have you tryed another TV set at the same location your having trouble with?  What type and model of the bTV set and or the cable box. 

Paul M
this one has no cable box.

this one has no cable box.

we are in an old area and when they set up the broadband cable modem they simply connected it straight in.

I have tried connecting directly to the cable in the garage that comes from the pole. It doesnt appear to be the TVs.

I am literally wondering if the cable is faulty from the pole.

Larry you are an excellent resource and I am wondering if there is something I can read to understand how these channels are set up as it feels like there is a signal to noise problem and/or maybe filter blown.

If I want digital they said I need a box then.

Larry Dillon
If the same TV set works in

If the same TV set works in another location, there is probably a bad spitter or connector on the bad line somewhere. You can search all over the internet to find out info on cable systems. Good Luck and keepm us informed of your progress.

Connect With Techlore