Can't get picture or sound from DVD player/recorder in VCR channel

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brumas1939
Can't get picture or sound from DVD player/recorder in VCR channel

Hi me again.

This time I have read the manual on my new Toshiba 32WLT66s TV. Have tuned it in as per manual but can't get picture or sound from my DVD payer/recorder when I put in on the VCR channel. All I get is a blue screen I have a pioneer DVD player recorder DV-454. All other stations have been tuned in ok. It has picked up the VCR channel when I initially Auto tuned  the TV at setup, but just no picture or sound is shown on the TV when I try and use the recorder/player.

Is there something I'm missing.

Thanks in anticipation.

Brumas 1939

Larry Dillon
is the recorder output the RF

is the recorder output the RF or the video output going to a video input of the TV set?  How is the video recorder set up, all wires?

Brumas1939
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Just back home. I have a scart lead going from the TV to the DVD player. I have checked and it is the correct pin lead for my new Sony RDR-HX510 (which the one I just went and bought, I gave the Pioneer to my daughter, which I managed to set up ok to her TV)

I have tuned the Toshiba to the DVD player/recorder. On the VCR channel I get sound but no picture. I get picture and sound on all the digital channels and analogue channels, they're all ok. But when I go into the analogue mode to get the dvd/video (VCR channel) channel all I get is sound. I can change channels on the DVD playerand start a DVD on it but no picture, just sound.

I have used a scart lead from the TV to the in/out socket on the DVD player.

Arial is going in the DVD player then an arial lead to the TV. Hope I've explained things ok.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Brumas 1939

Larry Dillon
Double check the scart lead

Double check the scart lead for bent leads or connectors.

Brumas1939
Thanks for replying. I will

Thanks for replying. I will do this asap. Away now until Wednesday. Will do this then.

Best regards

Brumas 1939

Brumas1939
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Your a genius! Managed to get back home for a while. Changed the scart lead and all is ok. Thank heaven for people like you.

Great big thanks.

Best regards

Brumas 1939

Larry Dillon
Great to hear!  Glad we could

Great to hear!  Glad we could help you.  Send all of your family and friends to us for their problems too!

Brumas1939
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Yes, I certainly will tell my friends and family about your site.

Don't know if you can help me with this other proble I have.

I recently bought a Digital Camera, Canon Powershot A710 1s G4.to replace one I have had for a couple of years.  Problem is that my PC won't recognise the camera when I connect it to the PC to upload photos. Never had trouble with my old Canon A40. I have uninstalled the previous software I had for the A40 before I installed the software for the A710. I got in touch with Canon who asked me to try it on another computer, which I did (on the one at work), and it worked ok. Cannon do not do any driver downloads for this camera.

I guess something on my pc has been corrupted as I had this problem with a memory stick which worked on the pc at work but not on my pc at home. I managed to correct this by telling  Windows to recognise the memory stick.

Can't seem to find out what the solution is for the problem.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 PC, Win XP home edition, 3000 proccessor, 512 memory, 120gb HD.

Thought I'd try and install the original drivers from my Win XP disk, but it tells me that the verion of windows on my PC is newer than the one on the disk..... so I'm'stumped.

When I connect the camera to the pc I am supposed to automatically get a screen asking me to upload my pics from the camera, but all I get nothing.

When I go into the software and ask to connect to the camera, I get a message saying that "it doesn't recognise connection to camera, check connections and try again'

I have tried connecting the USB lead from the camera into another USB socket on my PC with no luck.

Thanks

Brumas 1939

dans_repair_service
Brumas 1939:  Do you get any

Brumas 1939:  Do you get any indication that your machine sees anything on the USB when you plug in the camera?  At the very least, a message should indicate the connection of new hardware.  If not, I would suspect a problem with the USB.  Try to connect another USB device to the USB and see if the system recognizes that.  Keep usposted.

Dan

Brumas1939
I get a sound. Like a "BLING"

I get a sound. Like a "BLING" Same sound as when I turn on my printer, so makes me think that something is being recognised.

I do use the USB socket regularly for my external hard drive, that works ok, also my memory stick. I thought it may have been the software but it worked ok on my pc at work. I used the same leads as I used at home to connec the camera to the pc, so it's not the leads.

I have also tried the usb sockets on the back of my pc at home, but still no recognition.

Brumas1939

Larry Dillon
Dd you get any software with

Dd you get any software with your camera?  If not try HERE. Hope this helps.  Good Luck

Connect With Techlore