Sony KDF-60XBR950 Blue tint on screen

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
barbrich
Sony KDF-60XBR950 Blue tint on screen
Hey guys, I posted this in the wrong place the other day, please forgive the repost. I'm hoping somebody has the answer. I have a Sony KDF-60XBR950 that was purchased  7/04. We've already replaced the lamp once about a year ago. Now we have kind of like a blue tinted area, almost like a blue light is being emitted onto the screen that seems to come from the lamp area and continues along the bottom of the screen for a few inches and also covers an irregular oval shaped area in the center of the screen. It's darker on the bottom and more faint as it goes up the screen. I replaced the lamp again just in case, but the blue tint is still there. It is more pronounced on black or white screens, but is always somewhat visible.  
Thanks in advance, Rich
angelo
i own the 70 inch screen same

i own the 70 inch screen same model  had to replace the optic engine read the article on sonys customer support for grand weda optical block matter i think you can get fixed for free

MOtvGuy
Check with Sony. They have

Check with Sony. They have extended the warranty on some XBR optical engines.

barbrich
Thanks alot for the reply's.

Thanks alot for the reply's. Sony actually did make good on it. They prorated our faulty XBR60 and we paid $700 for a brand new kds 60A2020 and stand. I don't think they could have been more fair and the TV is incredible. Added Sony 7.1 Surround and the Sony flat panel speakers and we couldn't be happier. If anyone else is having the issues, I would definitely recommend calling them. The only draw back was the TV repair Co. that came out to diagnose it, also diagnosed a second set and took a deposit on a part to fix it, but won't come back with the part...over 6 weeks now. Reason I added that is because it was one of the 2 Co.s Sony recommended to come. Sony made good, but unfortunately they may not actually know the reputation of the repair shops they recommend.

IBdesigner1
I also have the blue fog w/

I also have the blue fog w/ blue dots on my KDF-60XBR950. I call sony. I was told that warranty had expiered.?!
Barbbrich, when did you have this problem fixed?

IBdesigner1
barbrich said: Thanks alot

barbrich said: Thanks alot for the reply's. Sony actually did make good on it. They prorated our faulty XBR60 and we paid $700 for a brand new kds 60A2020 and stand. I don't think they could have been more fair and the TV is incredible. Added Sony 7.1 Surround and the Sony flat panel speakers and we couldn't be happier. If anyone else is having the issues, I would definitely recommend calling them. The only draw back was the TV repair Co. that came out to diagnose it, also diagnosed a second set and took a deposit on a part to fix it, but won't come back with the part...over 6 weeks now. Reason I added that is because it was one of the 2 Co.s Sony recommended to come. Sony made good, but unfortunately they may not actually know the reputation of the repair shops they recommend.

When did you have this problem. I just called Sony and said that waranty had expired in june 08?

graffitiboi08
I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem. Sony will not fix it because my model is not covered as KDF60XBR. Same issue that the KDS is having but will not repair or extend the warranty on the KDF.

graffitiboi08
I have the same issue but on

I have the same issue but on the KDF model which sony will not repair or replace on this model. I am upset it is an exsiting known issue but only certain models are included.

graffitiboi08
I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem. Sony will not fix it because my model is not covered as KDF60XBR. Same issue that the KDS is having but will not repair or extend the warranty on the KDF.

graffitiboi08
I have the same issue but on

I have the same issue but on the KDF model which sony will not repair or replace on this model. I am upset it is an exsiting known issue but only certain models are included.

Connect With Techlore