What to do when the paet is (NLA)

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Popeye644
What to do when the paet is (NLA)

I have a RCA F32650 Chassis ATC113CA1.

This TV is 3 years old. I sent it in to be repaired. The repair shop said I need a new capacitor (No:257148) .0186uf  1.6kv 3.5%. (This part is found on the bord CL12.) Well that part is no longer avelable. Does that meen my TV is finsh??. Is there a replacemet part ?. Can I chenge the bord it's on?. Can somebody help me. I have look for this part but can't find one. Some people said that there mite be a diod finsh to. So can I get that part or is it NLA too.

I don't now what to do with this problem. Yell

dans_repair_service
This part is also used in the

This part is also used in the CTC203 chassis.  The part designation is CL12 and it is located on the main chassis.  I'll search for one.  I find it hard to believe that this one cap is the only problem with the set though.  This was a $3.40 part.  It is listed as a safety critical part though.  I don't have the schematic, so I can not tell if a similar substitute would be OK.  Hopefully, Larry can get more info.

Dan

Popeye644
Thanks Dan

Thanks DanLaughing

It's nice to know there help on the way.

Would  you have an idea what elts could be wrong or why the cap is burnt and can I get parts for that to.

PopeyeSmile

Larry Dillon
Replaced Cl12 Cap. 257148,

Replaced Cl12 Cap. 257148, Cl06 Cap. 227068, Cl21 Cap. 257784, And Dl08 Diode 243636.  If you can find the capacitors.  I looked and do not have any more of these scrap boards.  You were most likely haveing some issues with the horizontal width before the set blew out.  Also sometimes the horizontal output transistor will go bad when the capacitor CL12 burns.  Good Luck ands let us know how you make out with this TV.

Popeye644
Thanks Larry

Thanks LarryLaughing

Now I know what parts need to be chenge. My bigest problem is I can't find this parts. How can RCA make TV's and 3 years later no parts. I payed 800$ for a 3year TV. not such a good deal is it. I'm not happy with RCA, can you tell. 

If anybody can help me find this parts. It would be nice.

Once again guy's thanks for the help.

popeyeYell

Larry Dillon
No problem for the assist. 

No problem for the assist.  You may want to check around in your area ofr authorized RCA repair depots.  Call RCA and see haow many there are and get the phone numbers and call them.  What does RCA say about the 3 year old 800.00 TV set.  Write a letter or try speaking to a supervisor.

dans_repair_service
Larry, would either of the

Larry, would either of the caps below be a reasonable sub for CL12?

.0162mfd 1600V

.015mfd  1600V

Both of these are readily available for about $3-$4 each.

Dan

Larry Dillon
The  The tolerance range for

The  The tolerance range for this capacitor is High .0193 and low is .018.  These as I am sure your aware of are tuning caps and are critical for the proper picture size as the tolerance on this capacitor is only 3.5 %.. That  is small compared to most caps at 20 % or greater.  I would not think the .0162 would hurt anything to try and possibly could adjust the width and pincussion to make up the differance but you would have to try it.  It would be a good cap to try to see what else is wrong with the set.

Popeye644
Thanks guys

Thanks guys

I can se you guys know what your talking about. I understand some of what you say. what I realy need is a part number and where to find all this parts.

you guys are great at what you do. There mite be some hope for my tv after all.

Thank Dan & Larry 

dans_repair_service
Popeye644 - If you have

Popeye644 - If you have experience with changing parts like these, Email me with your addy and I'll send along a kit.

Dan

Popeye644
Hi Dans_repair

Hi Dans_repair

I sent you an email with the details you ask for. Just wanted to now if you got it.

popeye 

dans_repair_service
A package was sent about two

A package was sent about two weeks ago to the addy in the Email. My email was unavailable for a while (local problem). You should see it soon. I'm not sure what if any, security screening has been done. It was sent regular US Post. Dan

Popeye644
Kool Thanks a millon Dan.

Kool Thanks a millon Dan.

Now that sevice. This is the best help site ever.Laughing

Larry Dillon
Donot forget to let us know

Donot forget to let us know how it all turns out for you.

Matt Whitlock
I am currently in the process

I am currently in the process of getting some of these caps, the 257148 RCA part. If anyone is still looking for this part please email me. I will be selling them at $5 a piece. [email protected]

Popeye644
Well Dan"s repair.

Well Dan"s repair.

It has been month and still not package. I don't know what to say. Wound you have a traking Number or some thing to check where this package is.

I know if I by the part (cap. 257148) from pcparts there still the the other parts ( cap. 227068, cap. 257784, and Diode. 243636. Do I still need the change this parts if I get the right part.

please Help me. PopeyeUndecided

dans_repair_service
I've checked with the post

I've checked with the post office and there is no way to trace the package.  Being small, I just sent it regular mail in a padded envelope.   It was suggested to me that it might be in customs of all places...  I have not been around the shop for the last few weeks.  I'll put together another package and send it second day.  At least that way I can trace it.

Dan

Popeye644
Hi Dan

Hi Dan

I think we have a problem with the mail. I sit here pationtly waiting for parts.

If there is a problem let me know.If you need cash let me know I don't under stand why I have not receive the package. Could you check with your traking no: from your second package to see where it is ?

I wait for your answer. popeye 

yoko
does anyone know what is

does anyone know what is causing my RCA TV model:F32650,CHASSIS:ATC113CA1 to make a high sharp sound when ever i plug it in to power?i do some repairs too but i can not understand this problem.thanks

Larry Dillon
Check for a shorted

Check for a shorted horixontal output transistor and most likely s bsd flyback transformer . Mybe an open filter capacitor in the primary(main) power supply

Connect With Techlore