Vaio Microphone resonance

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
KCsydney
Vaio Microphone resonance

Hi there,

Hope you can solve my laptop audio problem. My Vaio VGNSZ18GP, after plugging a microphone once, then when I unplug the microphone, the laptop will produce a very high pitch resonance. I have to go to Recording Control everytime to check the Stereo Mix (unchecked the Microphone) to get the noise gone. It wasn't happened before until I plugged in the external microphone once. Any iidea why is it and how to fix it permanently?

Thanks, Karin.

Matt Whitlock
Most laptops have a built in

Most laptops have a built in microphone, so your interference is probably coming from that when the laptop switches from your external to internal mic after you unplug it.

A few thoughts here:

If you open your mixer settings, you see the microphone checkbox to have it muted/unmuted. Muted just means you won't hear what the mic is picking up (monitoring it), but the sound card should still be able to use the mic. There's really few reasons why you'd want to monitor the mic anyway (only if you want to hear yourself), you should be able to keep it unchecked 99% of the time.

There may be an option above the microphone slider to boost the microphone gain by 20db. When monitoring a mic, having this active could be the source of your feedback.

Post back with your results. 

KCsydney
Thanks Matt! 

Thanks Matt! 

It works!  Now I've checked the Mute on the Microphone.  Thanks.

Really love your site, have already recommended to my partner and will recommend to my frends and colleagues.  

Matt Whitlock
KCsydney said: Thanks Matt!

KCsydney said: Thanks Matt! It works! Now I've checked the Mute on the Microphone. Thanks. Really love your site, have already recommended to my partner and will recommend to my frends and colleagues.

You're welcome!

Thanks for spreading the word about TechLore.com! 

warren999
Hi Matt,

Hi Matt,

I have sony vaio VGNCR36G and today afternoon i have faced issue like when I have closed my laptop lid the huge resonance from my mic. I googled a lot and at last my colleague have this found link which is very useful for me and fixed my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Neville Dastoor
Hello, I think I am having a

Hello, I think I am having a similar problem with my Sony VAIO laptop, VGN-C14OG.

Under the normal mixer settings, with the microphone volume unmuted, and the

Neville Dastoor

Hello, I think I am having a similar problem with my Sony VAIO laptop, VGN-C14OG.

Under the normal mixer settings, with the microphone volume unmuted, and the "1 Microphone Boost" option checked under the advanced microphone sound settings, I get a lot of feedback when I put my speaker volume past halfway. Further, my internal microphone does not work and neither does an external microphone, i.e., my friends can't here me when I am speaking.

When I disable the "1 microphone boost" the feedback problem goes away, but the microphones still don't work.

What's weird is that this problem started about a year ago, but then stopped for about 6 months to where I was able to use the mikes and had no feedback, but then it recently started again.

Any help is appreciated.

Neville

Neville Dastoor

Under the normal mixer settings, with the microphone volume unmuted, and the

Neville Dastoor

Under the normal mixer settings, with the microphone volume unmuted, and the "1 Microphone Boost" option checked under the advanced microphone sound settings, I get a lot of feedback when I put my speaker volume past halfway. Further, my internal microphone does not work and neither does an external microphone, i.e., my friends can't here me when I am speaking.

When I disable the "1 microphone boost" the feedback problem goes away, but the microphones still don't work.

What's weird is that this problem started about a year ago, but then stopped for about 6 months to where I was able to use the mikes and had no feedback, but then it recently started again.

Any help is appreciated.

Neville

crb511
Hi

Hi

I have Sony Vaio NR10E. I have having problems with my external microphone. External microphone is not working. I am not able to hear anything for voice regognition. I have tried replacing my external mike but the problem still persits.
Can anybody help in rectifying the problem.

Thanks
Ashish

Connect With Techlore