Pioneer VSX80TXV Dropping Sat Video

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
coastdog
Pioneer VSX80TXV Dropping Sat Video

I have a new Pioneer VSX80TXV AV receiver that intermittently drops the video from my Bell Expressvu 6100 Sattelite receiver (the audio is connected optically and continues to work fine). I've tried both the component and HDMI connections and even swapped cables in an attempt to isolate the problem. The screen will go blank for 1-3 seconds and come back on, with the LCD TV confirming it's input and resolution status, ie: "HDMI detecting, 1080". I did note that the Sattelite reception for our dish is weak, at around 55%, but when the Sat receiver is connected directly to the TV, it seems to work ok. Does anyone here know if my AV unit would be more sensative to the Sat signal strength than the TV? At least to the point that it cannot continue to process the signal and drops it off completely? I appreciate any input.

Larry Dillon
Ok first off the input of 55%

Ok first off the input of 55% really stinks.  If I had an installer who left a sat. set up with that signal, he would not work for me.  There are some cases where a customer insist that you give them sat. service, but because of trees and such it just is not possible to get better.  The lose of a sat. signal does not just blank out.  It will pixelate or freeze.  It is a digital signal.  I doubt very mush if your problenm is due to the weak sat. signal.  The reciver will still put out an RF or video signal output even if there is no input signal.  you could have a sat. reciver output problem or an input problem on the reciver if your running the video out from the sat. receiver to your main audio reciver for switching perposes.  i bet you lose singnal on your SAt. reciver when you get bad weather.  Your problem as stated before is not sat. signal related.  Check the receiver on another TV set or without the audio reciver.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this problem.

coastdog
Thank you for your advise

Thank you for your advise Larry, I have pretty much isolated the problem to either the AV or the Sat receivers. The AV is less than a week old and it replaced a lower end Pioneer VSX616. The problem started with the istallation of the new Pioneer so I guess that narrows it down a bit ...

Connect With Techlore