Digital Freeze frames in DVD play

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
booksluv
Digital Freeze frames in DVD play

Does anyone have experience with correcting DVD freezes.  Little square appear on the screen and playback becomes chopped and sporadic.  I don't know if it is the DVD or the player.  I am using a Samsung DVD/VHS Recorder.

dans_repair_service
This is a symptom of a lack

This is a symptom of a lack of digital data from the source (DVD). This can be caused by a circular scratch on the DVD itself or by the player. If it is the player, the lens could be dirty or the optics themselves starting to go bad. See other postings on how to clean the lens. Check the DVD for scratches. If there is a scratch from the center toward tohe outside, these types can be corrected by the built in error checking codes and won't effect play. If there are scratches that are circular (round and parallel to the disc outer edge), these are bad. Since the data is written in circles like this, it means that extended streams of data become unreadable and thus you loose data. Keep us posted. Dan

lg5
I am recording to a Pioneer

I am recording to a Pioneer DVR-310-S .  I have tried recording through a HD Television Received and also directly to the DVD Recorder.

Always I get freezing and it skips up to 1 - 20 mins of recording..sometimes you can scan back through so it seems to have recorded but can't play it.

I have tried using  new recordable DVD's and reused  DVD's and makes no difference.

I wondered if it had anything to do with TV Reception or is our DVD player faulty.  

Have no problems playing purchased dVD just the ones recorded from TV.

I can record to VCR no problems.

any suggestion??? 

Connect With Techlore