How to record video on sd card using panasonic nv-ex21

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
mcwgough
How to record video on sd card using panasonic nv-ex21

Hi all. I have a panasonic nv-ex21 digital camera. A thing of beauty. When I try to capture video on the sd card the camera, apparently, goes into what appears to be 'continuous photo shot' which takes a series of still pictures every 0.7 seconds. Of course, the resulting video is jerky rather than a continuously running, fluid stream of images. I have checked the appropriate menu's and can see no evidence that the 'continuous photo shot' has been activated but the image on screen certainly looks at though that is what happened. I love the camera and have had excellent results recording to tape but need to be able to record to the card so that I can upload to Google Video and YouTube. I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer. Thank you, Mark

Matt Whitlock
According to some reviews out

According to some reviews out there, it's supposed to be possible to record short videos in MP4 format on the SD card. However, in most of these camcorders I've played with, the SD card is there for photo storage only. Video can only be stored to the DV tape.

Check the menu again, but make sure the camera is in video mode. Look for an option that designates the source the camera should record to, or a format for the video. One option may be DV, and the other MP4.

If you can't get it to work, that doesn't mean you still can't pull video off of this camcorder's DV tape and use it on your PC. You'll need a firewire connection between the two, and a program like Windows Movie Maker (preinstalled on XP computers) or some other video editing suite.

Connect With Techlore