50" Sony projection screen stays red?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
MX
50" Sony projection screen stays red?

The picture on my Sony 50" projection tv stays red.  At first this would clear up after the tv was on for a few minutes and was warmed up, but now remains this way no matter how long the unit is left on.  I suspect a lamp problem but am not sure.  I am pretty mechanicly inclined and would like to make the repair myself if possible.  Any advice/tips would be greatly appricated on both the diagnostics, and the repair procedure. 

Larry Dillon
Are we to guess the model? 

Are we to guess the model?  There are 1000s of TVs out there.

MX
Larry, 

Larry, 

Thanks for the reply.  I am sorry for the lack of info.  The tv is a Videoscope -XBR.  The model # is: KP-53XBR45   serial # is: 9014621  and it was manufactured in 1996.  I also incorrectly listed it as a 50" while it is a 53".

I hope the info is what you need and look forward to your next reply.

Larry Dillon
Ok this set has problems

Ok this set has problems sometimes in the CRT socket or the board on the red tube.  There could be a bad driver transistor or a bad resistor on the board.  Also you could have a bad picture tube.  You will need to have someone with a CRT rejuvenator come i and check the red tube. You will also need the service manual and a good multi-meter to check out this TV set.  Check all the voltage on the CRT board and compare them with a good tube.  If you have no TV repair knowledge, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you with this repair.  A tV set is not a place to be experimenting around insiode of.  good Luck, and keep us informed about the repair.

Connect With Techlore