Donna Keith
manuals for RCA Truflat TV Model no 14F512T

where would i find a manual for a RCA Truflat TV monotor

Donna Keith
      A user manual

A user manual

Larry Dillon
A user manual is available

A user manual is available here: http://tv.rca.com/NR/rdonlyres/F36C93...

strapbutton
I need a service manual.  Or

I need a service manual.  Or maybe someone could help.  The TV turns itself on, then scans thru the channels.  You could turn it off 100x's, & it'll still come back on & do the same thing.....

Larry Dillon
You can go HERE, click on the

You can go HERE, click on the english box, on this page is where you pay, and enter the model number you want, and they will ask you where you want it sent to.  But have you tryed to unplug the TV set before you do anything else.  If you did and it still does the same thing, take off the back of the set, pull out the entire chassis, and look at the little switchs on the front of the board, make sure none of them are jammed or broken or there is not water damage or corrosion around them.  Then make sure none of the front buttons on the TV set are not stuck. Good Luck, and l;et us know what you find with this TV set.

strapbutton
Yeah, I've unplugged it a few

Yeah, I've unplugged it a few times.  If I leave it plugged in, it'll keep coming on.  Thanks for the tip, I'll pull the chassic out & take a look at the switches & holler back....

MOtvGuy
I'm not 100% sure but that

I'm not 100% sure but that model may be under RCA's exchange only service model they started a couple years ago.  

No parts available or service lit either.  The sets were direct exchange with RCA when in warranty and trash can bound if out of warranty.  

strapbutton
The switches looked good on

The switches looked good on that box, nothing binding either.  After an over-all inspection I couldn't find anything that looked burned or hot either.  I accidentally broke the pc board taking the chassis out, so it's trash bound now after scavaging a few parts.  that thing acted liked it was possessed!  Going on & off, scanning channels, even the volume going all the way up @ 2:30 in the morning.  It was only a year & a half old.  It makes me wonder if I have too much voltage coming into my house.  The line pole transformer was changed last year, & the TV was just a tad over a year old.  I have a sub woofer that makes a little noise occasionally, the dvd recorder messess up once in awhile, & the power light on the directv receiver has went out.  These items are in a surge protector (except the sub) too. 

Milspec
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with a two year old set, identical model number. It goes on and off, and raises the volume. After being unplugged for a few minutes, it will operate normally for about a day, then begin going on and off again. I removed the chasis and inspected the board and switches for corrosion or moisture damage. None was evident. The set has never been moved, and never been exposed to moisture. I did note the soldering on the board was pretty sloppy, and suspect a bad connection. I won't be buying another RCA. My other sets are all over ten years old, and work great. And they aren't RCA. This one is bound for the trash pile.

Milspec
Thanks Larry!  Rather than

Thanks Larry!  Rather than replace the switches, which I would have no idea how to get, I took out the board attached to the switches and sparayed them with tuner cleaner.  Everything is working for about three hours now.  Hopefully it's a permanent fix, and I won't have to go TV shopping.  If you hadn't mentioned the switches, I was only checking the power and main board.  Good call, and again thanks.

Larry Dillon
very common provlem andyor

very common provlem andyor wecome and also thanks!

Milspec
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with a two year old set, identical model number. It goes on and off, and raises the volume. After being unplugged for a few minutes, it will operate normally for about a day, then begin going on and off again. I removed the chasis and inspected the board and switches for corrosion or moisture damage. None was evident. The set has never been moved, and never been exposed to moisture. I did note the soldering on the board was pretty sloppy, and suspect a bad connection. I won't be buying another RCA. My other sets are all over ten years old, and work great. And they aren't RCA. This one is bound for the trash pile.

Milspec
Thanks Larry!  Rather than

Thanks Larry!  Rather than replace the switches, which I would have no idea how to get, I took out the board attached to the switches and sparayed them with tuner cleaner.  Everything is working for about three hours now.  Hopefully it's a permanent fix, and I won't have to go TV shopping.  If you hadn't mentioned the switches, I was only checking the power and main board.  Good call, and again thanks.

Larry Dillon
very common provlem andyor

very common provlem andyor wecome and also thanks!

Frustrated 1
I have an RCA Model number

I have an RCA Model number 14F512T Service Number C131. My TV worked correctly for the first year and a half or so. It has slowly progressed to acting crazy--losing the picture and getting what I call the

Frustrated 1
I have an RCA Model number

I have an RCA Model number 14F512T Service Number C131. My TV worked correctly for the first year and a half or so. It has slowly progressed to acting crazy--losing the picture and getting what I call the "tinker Bell Effect". It does not show a blue screen or TV channel picture, it is black screen with a multicolor circle that blinks int eh center of the screen. I used to be able to turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn it back on and it would work for a little while again. Now, It only does the "tinker Bell" thing. How can I fix this? Is this consumer repair-able? If not, what would a repair on this cost?

Larry Dillon
sounds like you might have a

sounds like you might have a bad connection or solder connection on the degaussing coil plug, sorry I do not have that model but might just might be able to assist you if i had a chassis number as that is mostly how RCA sets are listed
Larry Dillon

dgj1969
Sounds like this RCA model

Sounds like this RCA model 14F512T isn't the greatest. My parents downsized and gave me their TV (this model) and said it worked great last time they used it. Thought I'd put it in the garage with a VCR hooked to it to watch movies while tinkering. Patched together with a Coax cable. Picture and sound look good, but screen is completely green with no other colors. I've ruled out a bad cable and bad VCR by using other equipment in the house. Definitely the TV. TV is set as CATV and

Rainey
Mine is 1.5 years also, I

Mine is 1.5 years also, I repaired TV many year ago.
Mine has start have rapid color changes. I took it apart and clean all connectors. Only adjustment are on the Hi Voltage xformer Focus and Screen.
It could have been the Screen (normally the Hi voltage adjust) but i did not clean that. It seem better for a few days but started doing it again.

Now it is missing the Red it looks like. So it is either still a bad connection at the tube, bad part on the board on the tube, or the tube is shorting inside.

It seems these are very cheap sets these days. The picture has always been larger then the screen and numbers or letter at the edge top or bottom are off the screen, no way to adjust. I am on the internet looking for a hidden menu in this model TV to adjust some of these things.

Spellsing
Bought one of these at a flea

Bought one of these at a flea market today. It works okay except when I run channel search in cable mode I get a black screen and "no signal." I then have to run it in antenna mode and cancel to get the tv to work on my dish tv box. It runs a VCR, but when I try to watch DVD using the RCA direct connection it does not work. When I try to scroll channels it says "not available in analog mode." It's demon possessed for sure :)

Connect With Techlore