Pansonic tv troubles

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
m57ca
Pansonic tv troubles

I have a Panasonic mod.# CT-32HX41E HD television, after about 15 minutes of being on it shuts off, & the only way to get it to turn back on is to unplugg it then turn it on same thing. Any suggestion on what problem might be ? there is no high voltage noise or any picture or sound qaulity.

risskei
I have the Panasonic TH

I have the Panasonic TH-42PA20 plasma with the same problem. Have you figured it out yet? I'm having a repair person out to take a look at it. ($70.00)

m57ca
No I have'nt it's hard to get

No I have'nt it's hard to get in home service here & the dam thing is heavy, lol. Let me know what you find out on yours.Cool

dans_repair_service
The problems posted so far

The problems posted so far may be similar in symptom but are not likely to be caused by the same thing. These sets are two completely diferent technologies. For the CT-32HX41E: This set is shutting down because it has detected an unsafe condition. Unplugging the set resets the whole system allowing another attempt to run. If you are familiar with electronics circuits and high voltage circuits, you can try an look for bad connections around the flyback transformer. Please note that there will still be high voltages even with the set turned off and unplugged. For the TH-42PA20: This is most likely a power supply problem. Let us know what the tech finds please. Dan

risskei
Well, the tech was out last

Well, the tech was out last night and after a brief description of the problem he said he knew what it was, he said it was the "power supply".  He gave me an estimate of $350.00 on top of the $70.00 service call to fix it.  I don't have a problem paying if the repair is something that I couldn't do myself. Is this a difficult repair for the TH-42PA20? If not where would be the best place to find the power supply for this model? Thanks.  

dans_repair_service
Good news (maybe...) The

Good news (maybe...) The part number for hte power supply is THPA2841AH. This is a sub for the original which had the same number minus the "AH" suffix. You can purchase this part from TRITRONICS Inc. for about $323.00 with a core credit of $150. This means that you buy the part for full price and send back the old one. Upon receipt of the old one, you will be credited the "core" charge. Their website is: TRITRONICSINC.COM Follow the menus using the guest account. You will find the part information by entering the model number and use POWER for the part description. Dan

Larry Dillon
I doubt though the tech is

I doubt though the tech is going to replace the power board for that price.  Most likely repair it. I would.

risskei
OK! By doing some research on

OK! By doing some research on line I found that the power shut down problem on the TH-42PA20 (2003) is very common. By following some on-line threads I was able to locate and repair the problem myself. The problem is with one of the transistors on the power supply board.

Locate the power supply board (upper right module), and remove the five screws holding the power supply in place. unplug all of the connectors  then on the the board locate IC551 this is where the black transistor is located and attached to a heat sink with a screw. The # on the five pronged transistor is STR-F6668B or (M). This is Not the # you want to reference when ordering. 

You will need to order a new transistor from Panasonic. 

(P/N C5HABZZ00123) Cost $20.02 plus shipping. 

I used a 140/Watt soldering iron and a desolder bulb to remove the old solder. It took me about 30 minutes to remove & replace the transistor.

I have over 7 hours of run time on the repair and everything looks good. No more shutting down every 15 minutes.

I saved over $320 by doing it myself.   So can you! Good Luck. 

dans_repair_service
Risskei: The part you listed

Risskei: The part you listed (str-f6668) is called a power regulator. Using a part with the same designation should be fine. Keep in mind that the trailing B or M is important. I checked the Panasonic number you posted and that crossed to a CXA1315P which is a completedly different part. Aer you sure of the part number? Dan

PT50LC13
I have a PT50LC13 panasonic

I have a PT50LC13 panasonic TV.  It does not have picture and sound if I turn the power on.  It happened suddnenly without any moving or shaking.  I checked that the thermal fuse is still OK, but a thermal resistance seems to be broken.  Its Assy. No. LSEP3100A.   Please let me know if this is the cause of the problem or something else.  Thank you very much in advance. 

risskei
Dan, I have attached a thread

Dan, I have attached a thread from www.avsforum.com . I guess some were calling the part a transistor, the actual description is an "IC". Original P/N is CXA1315P. The replacement is as listed C5HABZZ00123, Description "IC" As far as the fix goes, everything is working great at this point. (12 hrs.) Regarding B or M suffix (see below).

Thread.. "Clues: Circuit Board PN # TNPA2841 no suffix or AB suffix = early pcb AF or AH suffix = newer pcb

IC 551: original IC PN # has a B suffix. Note that the # on the IC is totally different than the ordering PN # or on the schematic.

Newer IC 551 has an M suffix. This is PN # C5HABZZ00123 use this part in servicing any suspect unit.

A very, very few post-Sept. production models used a B suffix IC 551 with a small paint dot in the upper left corner, my guess signifying hand selection. Change this to the M suffix if suspected. "

Mommywants to fix it
How can I identify which

How can I identify which board is the power supply board. i have the tv (th42pa20) open and when plugged in the tv makes a high pitched whining and shuts down within 3 minutes. I have a 6 blink error code and have been trying to fix this myself but have a hard time identifying boards, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

evil
The power supply board

The power supply board usually has the cord from the wall running into it.

katip
I have a 3-yr old Panasonic

I have a 3-yr old Panasonic plasma TH-46PZ80U. First it would not respond to the TV/video input select, so I turned it off. Powered back on (red LED on, not blinking), and there is no sound nor picture. Tried unpluggin, plug direct to wall, instead of surge suppressor, still no change. If I turn off with the remote, there is lag response before it turns off, then it will turn back on. I tried walking through with the Panasonic tech-chat online, and was eventually told to get an authorized tv repair to check. Any ideas/suggestions? Does this sound like a board issue or is the panel shot?

Mommywants to fix it
risskei said: OK! By doing

risskei said: OK! By doing some research on line I found that the power shut down problem on the TH-42PA20 (2003) is very common. By following some on-line threads I was able to locate and repair the problem myself. The problem is with one of the transistors on the power supply board. Locate the power supply board (upper right module), and remove the five screws holding the power supply in place. unplug all of the connectors  then on the the board locate IC551 this is where the black transistor is located and attached to a heat sink with a screw. The # on the five pronged transistor is STR-F6668B or (M). This is Not the # you want to reference when ordering.  You will need to order a new transistor from Panasonic.  (P/N C5HABZZ00123) Cost $20.02 plus shipping.  I used a 140/Watt soldering iron and a desolder bulb to remove the old solder. It took me about 30 minutes to remove & replace the transistor. I have over 7 hours of run time on the repair and everything looks good. No more shutting down every 15 minutes. I saved over $320 by doing it myself.   So can you! Good Luck. 

I DID it !!! Thank you so much for this post!!! This worked for me and cost about $30.00. I searched several times and this is the one that did it for me. I couldn't find info like this through all of my searching. I was giving it one last try before buying a new board, came across this post and went with it!! thank you, thank you, thank you!!! So pleased that you took the time to share this :)

Connect With Techlore