zenith projection problems

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
bobbyh
zenith projection problems

HI!  Thanks for taking time to consider my problem.  I have a zenith pv4041h projection tv (4o ish inch).  One night when I was watching a movie, the picture started to get hazy and then I finished the movie and turned it off.  Went to turn it on again, I have sound but no picture.  I took out the power supply and had a friend of mine who can sotter on boards replace two fried capacitors (?) and then put it back in and still have the same problem.  Any ideas?  I am not a genious in this area, so forgive me for stupid questions.

thanks,

bobby

Larry Dillon
Bobby, no there not stupid

Bobby, no there not stupid questions my friend.  But if you know nothing about how the TV circuits work, why are you risking your life tring to experiment withthis TV set?  There is enough high voltage in these TV sets, even when they are unplugged, to throw you back against the wall and kill you.  It is great that you want to fix your own things, but without the knowledge and the proper tools, you could not only harm yourself, as I mentioned before, but you could cause other problems in the set.  Your problem could be in the horizontal blanking or cutt-off circuit because of a failure in the vertical circuit, or maybe the video circuit, or the filiment drive circuit in the high voltage sweep supply.  Please play it safe and get a trained tech to assist you with this repair.  Good Luck, and let us know what you found out with this repair.

bobbyh
well I have not got enough

well I have not got enough voltage to throw me against the wall yet, just across the floor. haha, just kidding.  I have worked on computers and house wiring and some small electronics, so I am not really experimenting, just broadening my horizons.  Anyway, I borrowed my friends voltage meter and all the boards had power to them, but the bulbs won't do anything.  Can you be a little more specific.

thanks for your reply so far,

robert

Larry Dillon
Get a service manual HERE,

Get a service manual HERE, but it is oly on a microfishe.  You will need to take this somewhere and have it printed out, unless you can find an electronic or paper print.  The maual will help you see what is suppose to be where, and what voltage belongs and how much it should be.  Troubleshooting this way, I am sure you know, is a crapshoot.

Connect With Techlore