JVC RXD3020B Left channel not working

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Abear
JVC RXD3020B Left channel not working

I just bought the receiever off ebay, it was refurbished, but I picked it up for about 110 bucks. It works fine, other than the left front speaker not working. Does anyone know if I would be able to go in there and fix it myself? Im pretty good with this type of stuff, but never attempted this before, so I dont know what kind of tools I would need. If its not a DIY project, does anyone know how much it would cost to fix?

PS its not the speaker and its not the wire, or anything like that, Ive tried that, and I wish it was that. 

dans_repair_service
First of all. what is the

First of all. what is the make and model number?  There are many reasons for this type of failure.  Typically, a repair of this nature would cost between $50 and $100 for parts and labor.  Without experience in repairs, I would not suggest that you attempt this.  At the very least, a DVM with diode checking capability is required.

Dan

Abear
As the thread title says, its

As the thread title says, its a JVC RXD3020B. I have a voltmeter, but Im not sure if it has the diode checking capability.  Does Walmart carry something like this? If so, I can swing by there and pick one up.

Thanks for the help. 

Larry Dillon
If you do not know about how

If you do not know about how the circuit works, NO you should not attempt to repair this, unless you want to take the chance of burning up something else.  If your going to replace the unit, why not play.  Transistor or IC solid state circuits are very unforgiving when you make a mistake and touch something together for a split second.  You cannot get a reliable multimeter at Walmart.  You can get a what we techs call a toy.  That is test equipment that you cannot rely on. Please, if you want to keep this receiver, take it to a pro to get diagnoised and repaired.

dans_repair_service
Sorry I missed the model

Sorry I missed the model number in the title.  If this is the typical blown output type of problem, you are looking at $50-$100 for the repair including parts and labor.  Drop me an Email and I'll try to direct you further.

Dan

Connect With Techlore