panasonic TV pt50lcx64

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
lamata1960
panasonic TV pt50lcx64

I am having trouble with a panasonic pt50lcx64 when it powers on it tries to get the picture like going through recycling or discrambling the picture and the picture comes on for a second then it goes to greean and then blue screen then it shutts off please let me know what I can check for troubleshooting.

Larry Dillon
Need a little more info. 

Need a little more info.  does the power indicator flash red or orange?  Does the tempature indicator flash  does the lamp indicator flash.  Is there any lights flashing and how many times?

lamata1960
yes the power indicator

yes the power indicator falshes orange not sure how many times

Larry Dillon
If you need an owners manual

If you need an owners manual go HERE  If you have one look on page 100, and 101 of the owners manual, it says the lamp door could be ajar or the cooling fan is not working.  This is a job I think for an authorized service depot.

lamata1960
the green light actually

the green light actually falshed tree times and then the picture tries to come and gos away and then the screen turns green and picture comes back and forth between green screen and scrambled screen.

Larry Dillon
Read the codes in the manual.

Read the codes in the manual.  This sounds like a lamp or lamp door issue.  If it is not an issue with the lamp circuit, a tech will be able to see what baord is bad, as these boards are not a consumer replaceable item unless you want to spend hundreds of bucks trying and swapping out boards.  The reason is, when you buy a board, there is no trying, and returning.  If you buy the board it is yours.

lamata1960
does it sound like the light

does it sound like the light engine and if it sounds like a board is bad which one do you think it is.thanks

Larry Dillon
It is only a guess,  the main

It is only a guess,  the main board, or the light engine.  Some diagnostics will have to be done to determine what is bad.

lamata1960
can you tell me what the

can you tell me what the symptoms are if the light engine is bad because the main board cost is $250 and I can replace it but the light engine is way too expensive and you have to have authorization form panasonic do you know if there is any technical support for panasonic.

thank you very much.

Larry Dillon
You will need to get the

You will need to get the service manual and check out the diagnostics.

lamata1960
the tuner block is bad I foud

the tuner block is bad I foud out.thanks

nathan angelo
what does it mean the lamp

what does it mean the lamp door is open. my tv works fine except the first time we turn it on it takes 5-10mins and blinks 3 times amber color but it does work. i read that the lamp door is ajar what is it and is it mech. or electric and if i take the tv apart can i fix this and clean the filters while i am in it.

nathan angelo
what is a lamp door issue i

what is a lamp door issue i believe that is the problem with my tv

MARIO ALCANTARA
MY PANASONIC PT50LCX64 FLASH

MY PANASONIC PT50LCX64 FLASH GREEN ONLY A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEN FLASH RED NO SOUND OR IMAGE COME OUT AND IT MAKES A CLICKING NOISE IN THE BACK

MARIO ALCANTARA
i have problems with my tv

i have problems with my tv panasonic PT-50LCX64 power on goes green and turn red makes no sound and no image comes on. also makes a clicking noise in the back

jimmy01
When i turn my set on the

When i turn my set on the screen lightly eluminates like it is turning on then it clicks and it goes black again and the temp light flashes once every five seconds and the power light keeps flashing red

Connect With Techlore