RCA Color Track problem

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
RCA Color Track TV
RCA Color Track problem

My RCA Color Track tv suddenly went off and now all I hear is a high itch sound coming from it.  I unplugged it and then plugged it back in but the same thing happened. Model number F36673ET.  It's not a new TV but I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how much it will cost to fix it.  Thanks. Donna  Cry

Larry Dillon
This set is common for this

This set is common for this to happen when the horizontal output transistor shorts.  It should be replaced with a BU2508DF non-dampered transistor.  This is one of the best transistor to use for this set.  Before plugging in the set, you do not want to let this transistor short out again.  To check the rest of the circuit, take out the main AC fuse and install a 100 watt lightbulb across it.  turn on the set.  If the light bulb glows and goes dim, take out the lightbulb and install the fuse and retry the set.  If it pulsates or glows bright, most likely you have a bad flyback transformer.  In this case it probably is not worth fixing unless you can find one and replace it yourself.  NOTE:  these reairs should not be done by a novice ot a beginner.  There is alot of high voltage inside this set, even when they are unplugged.  Good Luck, and keep us informed about the repair of this set.

RCA Color Track TV
Dear Larry,

Dear Larry,

Thank you for the information.  Since I'm a single mom who knows nothing about how to repair TV's I guess I'll call an RCA repairman.  Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix. I will tell them what you told me so that it may help speed up the process and limit what they do to the set.

Thanks again,

Donna

RCA Color Track TV
Dear Larry,

Dear Larry,

Update on rca color track problem...as promised. Diagnosis by Ultrawiz of Byram, CT:Reflection circuit board needs replacement along with other parts. Estimate: $225.00.  They are going to call me back with a list of the "other parts" that need to be replaced.

Do you think it's worth the $225.00 to repair it?

Thanks for your help.  I need a response asap.  My email address is [email protected] if you can email me there asap that would be great.  I have to give them an answer today. 

Happy Valentines Day.

Donna

Larry Dillon
Donna if this TV set is more

Donna if this TV set is more then a few years old NO.  Go to walmart and get another 32" for just about that price if not just a tad more.

RCA Color Track TV
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for your help!  I truly appreciate your advice!

Donna

GFSK
Hello, Ihave too a TV with

Hello, Ihave too a TV with this model (F36673ET) but my problem is that in my building was an Electrical exhaust and It does not ignite. Do you know what is the name of the "mother board" or principal circuit of this? when I can see this part?

Larry Dillon
If you had an electrical

If you had an electrical surge, as thats what it sounds like you are describing, you have a problem in the main power supply of this TV set. This can be repaired by a tech down to component level most of the time, but the entire PC board is available at http://www.ptscorp.com. Simply look them up, get the phone number and ask them how much the board is. But you must remember, you will not simply be able to replace the board and have the set come on with a great picture. No my friend, there will be a few alighnments that will be need to be done, so if you have no TV repair experience, please play it safe and call in a trained tech to assist you with repair. Good Luck and let us nknow if you get this TV set repaired, and what was wrong with it.

GFSK
Do you know where can I find

Do you know where can I find graphics of the main board of this fererence? tHANKS

Larry Dillon
What is the chassis number of

What is the chassis number of this TV set, i cannot seem to find any servicemanual info on this model number.  The chassis number should be on the back of the set and start with CTCV.

AYH
My RCA Guideplus GoldĀ  TV

My RCA Guideplus Gold  TV (Model # F36650) suddenly went off and now all I hear is a high pitch sound coming from the back of the set.  I unplugged it and then plugged it back in but the same thing happened (just louder). I was told that it may be the transistor or transformer on the mother/circuit board.

The TV is only 3 1/2 years old. Is the a common problem? What is the estimated repair cost? Is it worth repairing?

Thanks 

Larry Dillon
Yes this is a pretty common

Yes this is a pretty common problem.  Most of the time, the horizontal output transistor is bad, or lets say shorted.  Sometimes though, it is the high voltage transformer, or should we say the flyback transformer helps the horizontal output transistor go bad.  It is a possibility that there is a short in the main power supply or the sweep power supply also, as this would certainly cause a noise coming from the TV set also.  In my professional opinion, is it worth repairing?  probably not, IF the problem is indeed the things I have listed.  Although a new 32" TV se,t now a days, can be had for just about two hundred or so bucks.  Good Luck and let us know what you decide to do or if you do have the set repaired and what it took for the repair.

Fire
I have a this TV RCA F36650 I

I have a this TV RCA F36650 I am so disappointed.  I was watching TV I changed the channel and comput the TV dies.  I hit the power button and it sound and act like it wanted to come on but nothing,  it was like it was not getting any juice.  I am a techical person but what the hell was going on. I called around to a few places and was told that it was the flyback and something else.  Around $200 for starts.  I have had this TV for about 3 years and now I have extermely large paper weight.  I work with some Production  Engineering and they told me that it was not worth getting fix that RCA made some crappy TV's in the 90.  I was wondering if there has been a recall on any of these TV's.

Greg Backa
need help:on a rca f36650, ch

need help:on a rca f36650, ch # atc 113ca1, channel #,s change but picture stays on one mis tuned station. I would like to know if it is a flat pack chip in tuner or scaler,or system control problem.thank for any help.

RCA L32hd35d
I have an RCA L32HD35D and

I have an RCA L32HD35D and everytime my daughter plays in the Wii gaming system, when its time to turn the game off the color goes away in the tv and everything is black and white. What can I do to restore the color. This happened before and about 3 monthS later the color came back

Connect With Techlore