Mitsubishi TV MD# 65511

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
victorcha
Mitsubishi TV MD# 65511

I checked unit, I pushed menu & input for error code 23, (which is no horizonal deflection) checked unit & pico, +24, -24 fuses were open. Stk was bad, replaced it & replaced fuses, still shows error code 23 & doesnot come on. It comes on for 2 sec, then goes off.  Have high voltage momentarly using high voltage probe on flyback out.

Help,   Any suggestions,  Would appreciate any assistance

Thanks Vic

Larry Dillon
Get a schematic and see if

Get a schematic and see if the set is going into high voltage shutdown or over voltage shutdown in the power supply.  Measure and monitor the + and - 24 volts at start up, make sure that both are there. Let us know what you find.

victorcha
All standby  votages r ok, ck

All standby  votages r ok, ck 24 vote + and - at start up ok Ck all caps in horz board they were ok. Tomorrow will ck all caps in power board no bad parts found yet I have a diagram. Appreciate any help. Thanks Vic from Gun Barrel City

Larry Dillon
send me a copy of the

send me a copy of the schematic to [email protected] and we can go from there.

victorcha
did you get the schematic for

did you get the schematic for the mit. sw65511 I emailed you?  If not let me know.

Larry Dillon
Must have gotten lost or

Must have gotten lost or taking the snail mail route

Larry Dillon
What does the error code read

What does the error code read now Vic?  I got the manual by the way.

Larry Dillon
Have you checked your B+ pins

Have you checked your B+ pins of your convergence IC's yet?

victorcha
good morning, checked all

good morning, checked all voltages on stk, and everything checked out ok. thinking I had a bad stk, I removed stk & turned  on unit, still won't come on. rechecked all standby voltages again. all ok. checked out parts on deflection  board, everything ok. today I will change out the flyback. I don't have a scope, so I can't check signal. my scope walked off.

thanks vic

Larry Dillon
SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF

SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR LEAKY C9A60 470 PF 1000 V PART # 154P400030, PARALLEL TO D9A57 ON THE POWER PCB .  Before replacing the fly, as I have not had any of these flys go bad, Check all of the capacitors and diodes on the sweep power supply.  This is the voltages the flyback makes for the rest of the set.  also check pin 10 of IC%A)) for voltage.  If there is voltage, the HV protect is on.  Check for a shorted or leaky D5A60 in that same circuit.  i found this 15 volt zener to be bad a couple of times.

victorcha
  Well I beleiveI found the

Well I beleiveI found the probem on the ws65511. I took hi votage tripler out and disconnected the crt anoid, one at a time and tried it and when i got to the red one, the tv stayed on for about 15 seconds and blew a 110 volt pico  fuse so I hooked the red anoid back up and Fay,sweety pie, with her great hearing said she could hear a lite frying noise. I took out the crt to see where  it was coming from. I took the wrong screws out and  fluid went all over the boards so you know what I'll be doing tomorrow ha ha ha, I'm hoping its leaking from where the anoid goes in the tube. I've fixed them before, clean it real good and put  a heavy silcone on it . I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks for your help Vic

Larry Dillon
No it is not leaking from the

No it is not leaking from the 2nd anode, it is leaking from around the front or the lens attachment area.

victorcha
are you talking about hi

are you talking about hi voltage or coolant? I was talking about hi voltage

Larry Dillon
Oh ok nevermind.  You said

Oh ok nevermind.  You said something about the coolent and you hoped it was not leaking from the 2nd anode.

artv
Larry Dillon said: Must have

Larry Dillon said: Must have gotten lost or taking the snail mail route

Hi Larry!

I have a Mitsubishi ws65511 and the tv has converge problems a wave coming down from the top and the green and pinkish red lines won't align. Someone told me that it was the eproms with the heat sinks on them but don't know which board. So I was reading your message about getting a schamatic and was wondering if you got it, if you could e-mail it to me at [email protected] so I can figure out how to fix it

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
There is only one convergence

There is only one convergence IC in this model. It is the STK393-110. They are not eeprom IC's. The IC needs to be replaced and also you must check the small fuses in the main power supply that are marked F9A04 and F9A05. I will send you a copy of the service manual.  Good Luck

mbtech
victorcha,  i noted in

victorcha,  i noted in reading your thread that you have a schematic for the ws65511, i am having trouble locating this and was hoping you might be able to e-mail that to me. @ [email protected]. i see you have had some issues with your set i have just started a thread in hopes of some expert advice to help fix mine if you happen to have anyadvice for me please check out my thread, post anything you think may be of assistance, thank you in advance.

exell_ent
I have a WS65511 that will

I have a WS65511 that will randomly power off and take between 5 and 15 minutes before it will come back on.

After reading this thread I decided to try holding the menu + device key for 5 seconds when the set wouldn't turn on and I am getting a code 2-3. From reading this thread it appears this is related to high voltage problems. I just got the tv back from the repair shop ( had it for 3 weeks and replaced the DM board cuz thats what they thought was wrong :( ) and I am reluctant to send it back until I know for sure what the problem is.

The set won't act up in the repair shop and I have limited equipment (digital MM, soldering iron) to trouble shoot with.

Any suggestions?

Joezeee
My problem with the WS65511

My problem with the WS65511 has been progressive. It would randomly shut off. I would get the 45 second blinking light after which the set would operate normally till the next time. This problem lasted about 9 months.

The next phase of the progressive disease was that the set would just shut off. It would then turn back on and operate normally. This problem lasted about two days.

Now the set just shut off for the last time and wont start back up. I tried the reset. The light would blink for the 45 seconds but the set would not turn back on.

I too would like a copy of the manual and any troubleshooting tips I could gather up from you well versed people.

Regards.

Any help is appreaciated.

fjack
i have manuals contact me

i have manuals contact me [email protected] if your problem solved let me know i have the same problem had to bad capacitors on power supply board waiting for new parts

artv
artv said: Hi Larry! My

artv said: Hi Larry! My Mitsubishi ws65511 the reset button just stays blinking and won't let the tv power on. It happened after I was turning of the breakers off at the breaker box to find out which breaker turned off the power of an outside light. Do you know what I would need to do to fix it. Thanks.

Larry Dillon said: Must have gotten lost or taking the snail mail route

Hi Larry!      I have a Mitsubishi ws65511 and the tv has converge problems a wave coming down from the top and the green and pinkish red lines won't align. Someone told me that it was the eproms with the heat sinks on them but don't know which board. So I was reading your message about getting a schamatic and was wondering if you got it, if you could e-mail it to me at [email protected] so I can figure out how to fix it Thanks.

hlam
Can anyone help with this

Can anyone help with this problem? On my ws6511 tv the green power light on the
tv has a green power light on the front panel and all it is doing is blinking continuously. It will not turn on or off. We tried unplugging, the reset, and and everything else we could thing of.

wrwelect
Try the DM board and checks

Try the DM board and checks the fuses. It has two tiny fuses. One on the right side and the other one on the left side. The fuse is a 1/4 in. small and white in the middle with stainless metal at the ends. Check for contunity. It also has 7 capacitors that might need replacing. On my WS65511 I changed the 7 capacitors and then notice that one of the fuses was out. Now its working great. I used a pico fuse instead of the chip fuse because I could not fine the chip fuse. If you need more help let me know. The chip fuse is ac125v/100v/4A and the capacitors are 16V.1000uf / temp 105c.

ArtV

Larry Dillon
do you have any pictures of

do you have any pictures of these fuses mounted on the board??

artv
You know Larry I did not get

You know Larry I did not get a picture of it on the board. I just didn't think about it. I know the fuse is at the end of the words on the board that says, "SEE FUSE NOTICE" Where the two plug in's there is one fuse and the other fuse is by the other single plug in but on the picture that you send me of the board they cannot be seen because of the plugin's.

Dale Lee
my ws65511 is also showing

my ws65511 is also showing the 23 code, when you power it on the green power light comes on for a few seconds, then goes back off. very limited tv repair knowledge, but do have digitial multi meter and soldering station, any ideas? paid a guy $150 to come out, and basicaly tell me that it is definitely broken, hopeing that he could repair while he was here, but he said a trip to the shop is necessary, and probably $400-$500 to repair it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

smartin38
I have been dealing with the

I have been dealing with the same problem as you guys... ws-65511 turns on then off after about 3 seconds... Got the 2-3 error code... I had changed out the caps on the DM board a while back, but just recently got back to working on the set. Changed out the pico fuses FA904 and 5, and the convergence chip... but still have the same problem... After futzing with it today I decided to double check the DM... smelled hot... the caps all look fine... checked them with a meter and some were giving me no reading.... I will change those out and see what I get...

Connect With Techlore