Can't anyone give me SOME feedback?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gary Hicks
Can't anyone give me SOME feedback?

Isn't there anyone out there that's had a Plasma TV do a strobing type flicker during warm-up?  It's taking longer to stop.  I know not many of you know about Gateway, but there must be some commonalities among Plasma TV's.  My 50 inch. was so expensive three years ago, I really hope to save it somehow.  Model GTW-P42M102.

I sure would like SOME feedback, anything that might help at all.

Thanks,

GLH

Larry Dillon
First off, most techs do not

First off, most techs do not want to touch a gateway because of the difficulties in getting parts or even a simple service diagram.   Your problem sounds alot like a main board problem or a weak or bad power supply inside the TV set.  This is not a set that should be repaired or attempted to be repaired by the end user.  More harm then good could very well come to the TV set and the screen assembly.  Call the service number in your owners or operations guide for someone who services Gateway plasma TV sets.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out.

Gary Hicks
Well, it certainly is nice to

Well, it certainly is nice to get some feedback.  I'm somewhat aware of the parts problem as I have talked with three different repair companies.  It looks as if Gateway hordes parts for there extended warranty customers.  My warranty elapsed 11/21/06, or 3 years after purchase, and about a month before this problem surfaced.  I've made the call to Gateway and as you likely know, it's really expensive to get even a diagnosis, which does not guarantee repair (especially if it needs a part).  I'm thinking why waste up to $500 to hear it's hopeless.  What a bummer!  That $500 would at least pay for a 5-year warranty on a Pioneer or Sony and a white glove delivery on a Panasonic, who currently offer a free 5-year warranty on there 50 inch 9 series.

Thanks Mr. Dillon. 

GLH

Connect With Techlore