Sony 36" KV-36FV15 no picture

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
SS77
Sony 36" KV-36FV15 no picture

when I turn my 36" sony tv there's sound but no picture and the stanby light keeps blinking. Anyone can help me?

Thanks

scmom
Me too.  I have the same

Me too.  I have the same problem with my Sony KV-36XBR260.  It happened right after I moved it.  I get no static on the screen and there is no orange glow at the back of the tube.  I have poked around the back looking for a loose connection, but alas no luck.

Larry Dillon
SS77, what is the model

SS77, what is the model number please?

Larry Dillon
MMM A 36 XBR after it was

MMM A 36 XBR after it was moved.  It could be a cracked printed circuit board in the main power supply,  the sweep power supply, or horizontal drive.  If there is a crack in the printed circuit board, most probable for the crack(s) to be at the transformers solder pads or around them.. Also could be at the printed circuit board mounting screw locations or in that general area.  I have seen lots of these XBR to have bad connections on the horizontal driver transformer also.  If you do not know the HIgh voltage safty issues with this set, or know how to solder a solid state printed circuit board, please seek out the assistance of a trained tech to help you with this repair.  If you do, then get a manual and start first with the flyback circuit.  Good Luck, and please let us know how this repair turns out for you.

SS77
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
SS77, what is the model number please?

model is kv-36fv15 

Larry Dillon
How many times does the

How many times does the standby light Blink?

SS77
Right when I turn the power

Right when I turn the power on the light never stop blinking I count to about 50 and I turn it off

Larry Dillon
Continuous blink once a
  • Continuous blink once a second, no pausing - No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high), IK video path is defective.  That means you have a shorted componet in the 1k line probably shorting to ground.. Could be a stuck switch, A problem with the jungle IC or the Microproccessor circuit.
  • SS77
    Ok can I fix it my self and

Ok can I fix it my self and how? is there any picture on how to fix it and what do i need?

Larry Dillon
    Not unless you have all the

Not unless you have all the proper test equipment as in this case you might need an ocilliscope to trace waveforms, as well as an ESR capacitor meter.  No I do not know of any step by step picture, book, or video to repair a certain type of TV set.  Alot of techs learn as they go but you MUST first have the basic know how of the circuits inside a TV set.  You muxt know what all the differant parts are called.  I'm sorry but if you dont have that, this repair is not one for the novice to attempt.  Yes there are some repairs you can talk peeps through, but this is certainly not one of them.

SS77
    thanks for the infos. guess I

thanks for the infos. guess I need to take it to repair shop

scmom
    Tell me how the repair turns

Tell me how the repair turns out; how much the repair is.  I am trying to decide if it is worth taking mine in. 

Thanks

SS77
    I called and they siad it

I called and they siad it wound run about $150 to $200 not sure of i'm gonna fix it.

scmom
    I finally got mine fixed.  It

I finally got mine fixed.  It cost just under $200.  It seems that when we moved it using a hand truck we broke the main board.

rv

Larry Dillon
    Yep, I figured the board was

Yep, I figured the board was broken.  Thanks for letting us know.  Cool

Connect With Techlore