black bar when dvd playing

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jbayer
black bar when dvd playing

When i hook up either a dvd player or xbox a opaque black bar scrolls across the screen  Some say it is interference from some a electical device or somthing to do with the closed caption.  Any help

Larry Dillon
What if you do not connect up

What if you do not connect up anything to the TV set, and nothing on any input?  Is it still there?  If it is, you probably have a bad filter capacitor inside the set, or it is a possibility that it could have an interference problem.  On the wall plug that you plug yout TV into, can you plug in the TV set in any way, or only in one direction?

jbayer
Larry Dillon said: What if

Larry Dillon said: What if you do not connect up anything to the TV set, and nothing on any input?  Is it still there?  If it is, you probably have a bad filter capacitor inside the set, or it is a possibility that it could have an interference problem.  On the wall plug that you plug yout TV into, can you plug in the TV set in any way, or only in one direction?

It only happens when xbox or dvd player hooked up.  I can only plug the tv in with the grounder up.  So only one way

Larry Dillon
Do you use the same video

Do you use the same video cable to connect up both units? If you do, try swapping out the video cable. If they are two separate cables, Try to see what happens when you connect up the same DVD player or X-Box to another TV set. If the units work good there, I would have to say there is a ground issue or a power supply issue with the input circuit of the TV set.

Matt Whitlock
You could also post a picture

You could also post a picture of the problem in question. Pictures speak 1000 words.

To upload a photo from your PC to TechLore, click the "add image" button  in the edit control (a picture of a little tree), and click the upload button next to the first field on the pop up box. Browse to the image on your computer, and click upload. A second pop up box will appear with images you have added to this thread. Click the image you wish to add, and it will automatically fill in the Insert image box. Click insert, and your image will be available for everyone to view.

Larry Dillon
Wow thanks Matt, I did not

Wow thanks Matt, I did not know that!  learn something new everyday!

Connect With Techlore