REPAIR RIPOFF?

1 post / 0 new
treecieh
REPAIR RIPOFF?

I had experienced some lines running down the side of my Plasma TV and called a repairman in to repair my Zenith 42 inch Plasma that was mounted on the wall.

The repair fellow came in, looked at the tv and said "exactly what I thought, I have spoken to Zenith and they have confirmed what i need.  We need to order two parts and you need to pay up front for the repair."  This repair bill came to $492.00.  A week later he arrived back and after opening the tv stated that the wrong part was sent to him.  Left again, and returned the week after with the correct parts.  After installing these parts, we turned on the Television and what he repaired did not correct the problem in any way! (Same lines in the same area on tv).  He now said that he would have to order a new plasma screen at the cost of $1080 for the part.   then he left....Says he will not refund any of the labor and cannot return the parts after he has installed.  (also may I note that I had to call a friend to come over each time to help lift the TV off of the wall - since he could not do himself and I could not lift it with him)

Any ideas of what I should do about this problem?  I certainly feel like I got the ream job and do not want to sit with my thumb up my arse.  I am very dissapointed but want to make sure this does not happen to others the same way by this company (as the repair fellow owns the company).

Sure would appreciate any suggestions! 

Connect With Techlore