RAMESH
DENON AVR 2802 NO SOUND
Dear Sir,
First of all
I WISH YOU ALL DENON GROUP, STAFF & FAMILY
A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR,
 WHICH WILL BRINGS YOU ALL LOT OF WEALTH,HEALTH
AND HAPPINESS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS.
Now sir, coming to the point, i had DENON AVR 2802 , AND IT WORK VERY WELL SIENCE LAST NOV, BUT AFTER THAT I HAD PROBLEM IN ITS WORKING.
Receiver comes ON normally, Display is comming Ok.,All  the functions are working O.K., except Volume. VOLUME display is varying on the penel, while operated.
When Unit 1st swith on, very low sound can be heared in the headphones and front Left & Right Speakers, and the moment any function is operated , volume cut off to ZERO  & does not come on unless unit is swithed on again.
SOUND INITIALLY IS COMMING LOW ON FULL VOLUME, DISPLAY REMAINS ON even the sound is not comming .
We tried replacing EXT IN AV UNIT (1U-3369-1) board.Checked all the supply voltages on power unit (1U-3368-1), FOUND NORMAL.
ALSO CHECKED ALL THE POWER TANSISTERS ON POWER UNIT. 
NO BURNING COMPONENT OR BURNING SMELL IS OBSERVED.
SIR, Its my earnest request to guide me and help me to solve this problems, as you might be aware of this problem, and how to solve this problem.
Your early reply will be highly appriciated. and even that will maker our life alive with DENON music.
Thanking you in advance for doing the needful
Truely yours
Ramesh Parekh (Service Engineer)
dans_repair_service
Remesh,

Remesh,

Try looking at the switching IC with a scope (usually a TC91xx IC) and see if the inputs are actually switching.  The low volume may be crosstalk rather than an actual signal.  If the switching IC has a problem, changing a selection may introduce DC which would force the unit into protect mode.

Connect With Techlore