Problem with Yamada DVD player

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
apples
Problem with Yamada DVD player

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my Yamada DVD player, and that is that the disc isn't spinning, the hat is seated correctly, and there is no dust or anything else inside.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Your problem is a focus or

Your problem is a focus or spindle motor issue. The lens could just need a cleaning.   The laser inside the pick-up assemble has to focus properly onto the disc before it will spin.  It could be a bad laser diode, a problem in the focus/tracking offsets or gains, a focus servo issue, or a bad spindle motor,or a spindle motor servo/drive issue.  These are generally not worth repairing these days, as the players are not that expensive to purchace.  I would suggest to you, that if the units not that ols, to take back where you purchaced it from.  Good Luck, and let us know what happens.

dans_repair_service
Check the lens of the optics

Check the lens of the optics assembly for dirt or a milky film.  If you are a smoker, there could be a smoke film causing the laser to be distorted.  No laser... no play...

apples

Thanks Guys,

Looks like i'm going to have to buy another one, looked on ebay and as luck would have it there aren't any.

Thanks again

Connect With Techlore