pioneer 313 dvd home cinema player

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
sanj1
pioneer 313 dvd home cinema player

Can some one please help on my pioneer 313 DVD home cinema system. Every time I put a dvd disc into the player it say "no disc". When I first purchased this it used to read some new disc and others it did not. It have been unlocked to read multi regions too. Now any disc including the ones it used to read come up with "No Disc".

Larry Dillon
You may need to take apart

You may need to take apart the unit, find the small little laser lens and clean it with at least 98% alcohol.   If you see where the lens is suppose to be and its not there, its somewhere inside the unit, as these do pop off sometimes.  Now lets clean the lens if it is there. With a cotton swab, dampened very little with alcohol, Very gently, in a swirling motion, rub the lens all over.  It only takes a little bit of pressure to damage the lens mount so please be very carefull..  Now  with the dry end repeat the same.  Try the unit and see if that helps.  If not , make sure by looking at the disc while it is loading that nothing is in the way, and the disc is loading all the way onto the platform or turntable.  See if the disc spins.  If the disc does spin but still does not read, most likly there is a tracking or focus offset/ gain alighnment issue or servo problem.  If it does not see the disc, and does not spin, there could be a laser problem, a focus gain or offset problem, or you could have whats common in this unit and have a bad spindle motor or spindle motor drive circuit.  I have a bud who does Pioneer DVD players all the time and in this model he told me about the spindle motor and the lens popping off the laser assy.  Good Luck, and let us know how you make out.

Connect With Techlore