dvd player wont play certain dvd

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
lonestar
dvd player wont play certain dvd

o.k. here's my prob...I have an Onkyo DVD player that works just fine with all my DVDs and CDs still to date. But... i  have tried and tried to play one specific DVD that my daughter got for Christmas and it will play through all the previews and all up to you select play from the menu and then suddenly it stops and just won't play the actual movie. Now  the DVD plays on other players in the house so its not the DVD and other DVDs still play on the Onkyo player so I don't get why this particular DVD wont play on this player only. Like I said it plays up until the actual movie itself. Please HELP!!!

dans_repair_service
Is there any error code shown

Is there any error code shown on the player when it stops?  What is the specific model of the player?  What DVD won't play?   The more details you provide, the more likely we will be able to help.  THx.

lonestar
there is no error code shown.

there is no error code shown. the screen is just blank after all of the previews and the menu of the movie. I have an Onkyo DVD changer DV-CP702. The movie I'm trying to play is one that's just been released called "Step Up". Its a widescreen version (but it plays other widescreen movies). The movie box does say in small print that it is Dual-Layer Format. Does that mean anything to you? Thanks for any help!

dans_repair_service
The dual layer designation is

The dual layer designation is common, it allows more info on the same disc.  Onkyo DVD players had a problem a while back that was addressed with a software upgrade.  I honestly don't recall if your model falls within that group.  I'll inquire further now that I have the model number and get back to you.

Connect With Techlore