HDMI port on Mitsubishi WD52525 TV

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
BeanoC
HDMI port on Mitsubishi WD52525 TV

Ok, this is driving me crazy!  :)

I have a Mistubishi 52" DLP TV, and it has an HDMI input on the back panel. Trouble is, I cannot figure out how to select it as the source. The on-screen device menu has everything else, such as ANT1, Comp, DVD, camcorder, PC, etc. Everything BUT HDMI. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?  How the heck do I activate this input? (I am attempting to use it for a PS3, if that matters).
THANKS!
Larry Dillon
M-Link(MonitorLinkā„¢) is a

M-Link(MonitorLink™) is a Mitsubishi exclusive proprietary digital interface for the display of high quality digital video signals from Mitsubishi products, such as the HD-6000 HDTV Receiver/Controller.

The HDMI™ (High Definition Multimedia Interface) supports uncompressed standard and high definition digital video formats and existing digital multi-channel audio formats. If using a cable box, the HDMI input supports both video and audio using a single cable.

Use this input to connect to EIA/CEA-861 compliant devices such as a high definition receiver or DVD player. This input supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i video formats. It is not intended for use with personal computers or devices outputting video signals with computer resolutions.

This input can also be used as a DVI connection with separate analog audio inputs. An optional HDMI-to-DVI adaptor or cable will be necessary to make this connection and may be available from your local electronics retailer. When using the optional HDMI-to-DVI adapter, the DVI analog audio inputs on your TV allow you to receive left and right audio from your DVI device.

This input is HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) compliant.

These inputs should recognize the the device being inputted.  Sometimes it can take as long as 1 minute for this to work.  I got all the info. from the Owners manual.  If you do not have one, get one HERE

stef
Ok, thanks for that

Ok, thanks for that information. But still - assuming the TV does recognize it automatically, how do I DISPLAY it on my screen? What input do I select?  There's no setting or position for HDMI... so I guess my question really is, how do I SEE it??

Larry Dillon
You don't, it see's the

You don't, it see's the equipment.  I'm assuming this as its not compadable with the input according to the instruction's I read.  Have you tried another input to connect up the PS3?

stef
Yes, the PS3 works fine when

Yes, the PS3 works fine when connected to regular RCA jacks, but this of course greatly underutilizes it's visual capabilities. But I have no way of knowing whether it's compatible with the HDMI on this TV, since there doesn't seem to be any way to select that input, and that's really my question. For example - if I want to watch a DVD, I select "DVD" from the device menu. If I want to switch over to the video 1 input, I select "video 1", and so on. How in the world do I select HDMI when it doesn't appear on any menu? How do I get to it?

Larry Dillon
As I understand from the

As I understand from the directions I read, If the device does not get reconized, its not compadable with the input.

Matt Whitlock
Hi Beano C,

Hi Beano C,

The Mitsubishi televisions will only
auto-recognize IEEE-1394 (FireWire) devices, and automatically add them
to the Netcommand device list. Make sure you've gone through the
Netcommand device setup before you attempt to use your PS3 through the
HDMI input (on your set, it's probably called MLINK). Also may be prudent to check the PS3's setup menu using
analog cables to make sure that the PS3s HDMI output is turned on.

Good luck!

Matt Whitlock
pearl said:

pearl said:
what is a netcommand device

Netcommand was Mitsubishi's marketing term for their control system of
managing connected devices and inputs.

boostedsupra
Hold the ps3 power button

Hold the ps3 power button down on start up it will beep once keep it held down untill it beeps again that will do the auto sync to the tv

fourwheelinaz
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the XBOX 360. When i first got the TV I plugged in the XBOX via HDMI and when I turned it on I could play the XBOX. However, after changing inputs to watch TV I can no longer get the XBOX to come up. Any suggestions?

KevinDTuber
Sounds like you have to add

Sounds like you have to add that input from the tv menu. Go to menu, net command and add the mlink(hdmi) input.

mousse
I had the same problem with a

I had the same problem with a blu ray player. Went to tv menu. Went to net command icon and pressed enter. Click the review button. A list of inputs opens up. Check mark the monolink box. Press exit and then finish. Or before exiting you may need to press edit and create the icon for what is to be connected to that hdmi device. It will create a new icon that is found in the device input menu. I still needed to select my blu ray icon on the tv as well as my av receiver. That's what I know. Hope that helps.

jose quervo
what is a monlink? is that

what is a monlink? is that what i need to set so my laptop plays through the tv?

Connect With Techlore