help with flash drive gone crazy

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gfox06
help with flash drive gone crazy

I just purchased a second flash drive and I am having some problems with it.  The drive is a "ChipsBnk Flash Disk USB Device".  I put it in my desktop pc, it loaded the drivers, then I put videos on it until it was full. I took it out, put it in my laptop, it loaded the drivers, then said this is not formatted, would I like to format? I said yes, and it said it failed to (can't remember exactly what it said after that). Now when I put the flash drive in either computer and try to open it I get the following error:

E:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and this does nothing either. I have another flash drive and have no problems with it at all. I just got this one today and can't figure it out.  Am I missing something stupid, and is there a way I can fix this? 

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

gfox06

gfox06
Something I forgot to add to

Something I forgot to add to my previous post:

I can not get into the flash drive at all.  I get the above error message (from original post) when I try to do anything with it.

Andy Barrell
I get a similar problem.

I get a similar problem. Although my computer running XP advises that the drive is working fine it also advises that it is unformatted and only 8MB in size. I am half suspecting that whatever is the problem is likely to be a permenant problem as I too can not access the drive at all.

Matt Whitlock
The first thing I would try

The first thing I would try to do is reformat the flash drive if it says it's corrupted or unformatted. With the drive attached to your PC, go to "My Computer", right click on the flash drive, and choose "Format". I would assume you'd want to format these as FAT, not FAT32, so change that setting and uncheck "quick format".

Hit start. When it's finished, everything "should" be good to go.

Post back with your results. 

Connect With Techlore