Zenith Rear Projection model IQB55M90Wa Black Lines

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
SharpLeader
Zenith Rear Projection model IQB55M90Wa Black Lines

I am getting black static in picture. The TV Set-up menu is not affcted so it seems like video input problem. The screen has intermittent black lines like static accross it and will even go completely black for a few seconds. The sound is not affected.

Sypmton occurs from all video inputs. I'd like to know the most likely component that is at fault.

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
This problem in your set

This problem in your set could be  a main board fault, or the input board is going bad.  The fact that you say the menu stays on, makes me want to say that if this set has PIP(piture in picture) feature, your problem is in that circuit.  If it does not Im quessing in the video processor circuit.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this set.

SharpLeader
Where van i find instructions

Where van i find instructions for performing convergence? I just received the service manual and it does not include this.

Larry Dillon
The service manual does not

The service manual does not have the alighnment instuctions? MMM, Is this an original Zenith manual or a copy of it?

SharpLeader
I just noticed that it is an

I just noticed that it is an "addendum" and not the original full manual. I called the company that sold it to me and they are checking.

FYI: Servicemanuals.net

Larry Dillon
OH thats why. Someone did

OH thats why. Someone did not send the entire manual. Im surprised as this is the first time I have heard any problems with servicemanuals.net. The shipping deptment must have their minds on the long weekend? Let us know how you make out with this and if you need any further assistance.

SharpLeader
They emailed the manual to me

They emailed the manual to me. I have one more question (been a while since i worked on TV's). The different adjustments start off by indicating "input XXX Signal". I can't seem to find a way to display signals such as crosshatch. Do i need some sort of signal generator? Is there another way to display patterns, such as though a DVD player or something?
Thanks Again.

Larry Dillon
Yes, you will need whats

Yes, you will need whats called a cross hatch generator, or a DVD alighnment disc or a still of a cross hatch on a paused DVD.

SharpLeader
I connected my PC with the S

I connected my PC with the S-Video and used an LCD adjustment pattern that i have. It has a cross-hatch background and circles in the center and corner. I was able to get the convergence adjusted to a decent level.

I still have the intermittent black lines and I am pretty sure it's the Signal PWB. The video is affected even with a still screen and from any of the inputs from the Terminal PWB. I checked at partstore.com and they don't have it. If anyone can make a recommendation where to find, I would appreciate it. I only need this set to last a few more months before I replace it.

Model: IQB55M90Wa

Chasis ZP90

Part: Signal PWB #809-10316

Thanks and Happy Holidays to All!

Larry Dillon
The board is available at

The board is available at HERE , click on top box and on OEM number.  On the box below enter the board number, if you think that is your problem.  Order online or call them as it says it is available.  Good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

SharpLeader
SOLVED!!

SOLVED!!

It was the Signal PWB but it did not need to be replaced. My number one rule is "If something is different after you work on it, you probably caused it". Tracing my steps I remembered spilling a few drops of reflector coolant (Don't ask). It just missed the trough and landed on the signal PWB where the signal sub PWB attaches. Before I was done I cleaned up that spot and used contact cleaner on it.
This time I removed the Siganl PWB completely and found that a small amount had seeped through where the connector mount is and there was a small pool around several solder points on the bottom of the PWB. I cleaned it thoroughly this time and it is working perfectly now.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
No problem, glad to hear you

No problem, glad to hear you worked it out! Merry Christmas!

Connect With Techlore