mp3 player/music compatibility question

1 post / 0 new
gfox06
mp3 player/music compatibility question

I am wanting to purchase an mp3 player for my husband for his birthday. He has around 5,000 songs on our pc and would like to be able to put at least a few hundred songs on an mp3 player for when he is traveling. I know that some players you can only get music from certain web sites, etc.

What do I need to look for to be certain that he would be able to take songs from our pc's hard drive and put them on his mp3 player? Also the same with video, he has hundreds of videos too and I would like to get him a player that would handle audio and video both. I know very little about these players and I don't want to buy him one that he can't put his songs onto.

Are there any players out there that you can put songs into from your pc's hard drive regardless of where the songs or videos were downloaded/ripped from?

He has music and videos from multiple sites (pay sites and peer tp peer) and it would be next to impossible to know what came from what sites? If you can reccomend any players or specs., things I should look for, things I should stay away from, I would appreciate it. I hope some of this made sense.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

gfox06

Connect With Techlore