DVD has audio but not video

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
dmb35
DVD has audio but not video

Hi all I have a problem in that my DVD seems to have no video outpu. I turned it on yesterday put the tv to AV and it did not show the dvd's start menu. I put a disk in and heard audio but no video. I have tested it on another telly and tried both s video and composite outputs but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

dans_repair_service
dmb35:

dmb35:

As with any attempt to repair an item, one of the most important pieces of information is the make and model of the unit needing repair. Without this information, it is difficult to indicate possible problems other than generic issues. For example, the problem you describe indicates that the disc is being read properly but the information is not ending up in the right place. Since the audio is OK, the digital information is being processed. This leads us to determine whether or not the video is correct. There are a number of steps involved, any of which can result in the same symptom (no video). Please supply make and model and perhaps more info can be provided back to you.

Dan

dmb35
 the model is a soken ne145,

the model is a soken ne145, its a thai brand made in thailand that i bought on a holiday a couple of years ago. It has performed well and played many a disk that other players could not, I was told it had a twin laser that led to better error correction. any ideas appreciated as i love this player due to its ability not to hang all the time like my friends toshiba

daVid 

Connect With Techlore