akai lcd lm-h17clsa picture problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
leee
akai lcd lm-h17clsa picture problems

Hi there, i'm new to the forum so be gentle.  I have an akai LM-H17CLSA lcd tv.  with no piture source at any of the inputs, the blue screen will stay on for hours, but as soon as you introduce a source, ie ariel, scart etc, the unit will show the picture for a while then it goes blank. the power led stays on and also the sound.  After turn off and on its ok for a little while then same again, and again, and again, and again, you get my drift, however during each power down cycle the picture time gets lower and lower and lower.  anyones help would be great, it's a nice little tv, but i'm not having much luck with the problem.  thanks in advance.  Lee.e

Pete B
I've just got hold of a used

I've just got hold of a used lm-h17clsa and within 2 days have the same problem, has anyone a solution to this problem, the sound says on and i'm able to change the source but no picture, is this a backlight problem. Any help appreciated, thanks. pete b

leee
Hi. Yes I found that if you

Hi. Yes I found that if you let the set cool down for a while, ie overnight, then turn on and adjust the picture brightness down to around 50% the unit will actually stay on. I have mine in my daughters bedroom in a cabinet so there is no glare for the screen to contend with. Been working since about the time of my first thread now. Although the picture is not as bright as it could be it is still very watchable. lee.e

Pete B
Thanks, will give it a try if

Thanks, will give it a try if I can as it now only stays on for just over a second, but as the volume/source buttons work I assume the menu is still active and it'll have to be done "blind". Pete B

Pete B
Unable to use the menu blind,

Unable to use the menu blind, but I discovered that the inverter has a narrow range of voltage that will turn the backlight on, namely between 2.1v and 3.0v, (supplied from the brightness circuit which explains why leee managed to get it working by brightness adjustment). Anything outside this turns off the inverter (backlight). By using a voltage divider to supply 2.6v it now works. Examination of the inverter board revealed arcing on the top high voltage connector (which I cleaned up) that may have contributed to the problem. Since this the monitor has been fine for nearly a month, although of course there's no brightness control any more. I'll replace the inverter at some stage and reconnect the brightness circuit. IMHO in view of the arcing I would not place this in a cabinet or leave unattended without checking the inverter though!

Connect With Techlore