Annoying AV1 on screen when watching dvd movies

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hans
Annoying AV1 on screen when watching dvd movies

I have a sony KDL-S32A12U LCD TV connected to a Sony DVD player.  There is an annoying AV1 sign in the top left hand side of the secreen when i watch movies.  Does anyone know how to turn this off.  I have been right through the manual but found nothing.  I don't even know what you would call this sign.

I know on I'm on AV1 when watching a DVD!  My is this there?

Hans

Matt Whitlock
On your Sony TV  remote, you

On your Sony TV  remote, you should see a button labeled "Display". Press it, and all should be well!

Let us know if that helps!

Larry Dillon
On the original remote

On the original remote controller for the tV set, have you tryed to push the display button yet?  Let us know if that helps you.  Good Luck

Hans
Thanks for that.  Its button

Thanks for that.  Its button 12 and is called the info/text reveal and the manual says it reveals information on the program being watched in digital mode.  In analogue mode displays the channel number.

As I always run the TV indigital mode I din't look up the instructions inunder analogue mode.  I assume then, that when watching a DVD you are actually watching in danalogue mode, not digital.

I also have another annoying problem and I will post a new thread for this one.

Hans
PS  this is a great site 

PS  this is a great site  thanks all.  I am not really as stupid as I appear from this simple question.  I am knowledgable about computers, music systems but I just didn't find this in the physical or electronic manuals manuals  .. Hmm... maybe I am stupid after all  LOL

Hans
Matt Whitlock said: On your

Matt Whitlock said: On your Sony TV  remote, you should see a button labeled "Display". Press it, and all should be well! Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,  see the thread.  There is no display button button I due to this tip I found out what they call it   see the thred for details

Thanks again

Hans

Connect With Techlore