16 year old Hitachi ProjectionTV problems.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jim M.
16 year old Hitachi ProjectionTV problems.

Gentlemen

I have a Hitachi Model CU4601K 46 inch projection TV that was made in August of 1990. It is in near perfect condition. Every once in a while the picture becomes green. It only lasts for a few seconds and then it goes back to a normal picture. I have made the color convergence adjustments as outlined in my owner’s manual. Will this be an expensive fix? What do you think is wrong with it? Is it worth fixing? I would like as much information as possible before I call the repairman. I know nothing about TVs and I really don’t want to be taken advantage of. Thanks, Jim…

Larry Dillon
Jim, you could have an

Jim, you could have an intermittant picture tube, or possiblillity of a bad connection on the green crt driver board.  This set is over 15 years old my freind, and even if it is working good for now, with this intermittant problem, beleive you me, the problems are only beginning.  On a set this old, yes you may spend several hundred to fix, and boom I got another small problem.  Wait, I did not have this problem till the other tech touched it.  he must have did something.  I have seen this happen many many times my freinds, and NO we techs do not make problems happen on 1516 year old sets.  They are simply way past the time to put them to rest.  You got lucky having it last so long.  Well maybe not lucky, as these were really good sets back then.  If you really want to put some cash into this set,  I would be interested in what needed to be done.  so Good luck, and if you decide to have this set fixed, please keep us informed of your progress.

Jim M.
 Thank you Larry for taking

Thank you Larry for taking the time to reply to my post. The TV is still useable as it is so we will just let it die a slow death. The set was given to us for free (I guess I know why now). We just don't have the money to buy a new TV set this large so we'll just use it as it is for now. Anyway, It sure does look good in my rec-room. Thanks again Larry!

Jim

Connect With Techlore