Blue Screen

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
shoylee
Blue Screen

I have a Mitsubishi 52in VS-60VA2 television, and I cannot adjust the blue & the screen jumps occasionally.

Larry Dillon
Is the picture on the screen

Is the picture on the screen all blue? Or are you talking about the magic focus will not adjust the blue on the convergence, and it looks like a blue outline around features?

shoylee
The screen is mostly blue.

The screen is mostly blue. Some of it has color. I tried to adjust it, but it does not go away.

shoylee
It's more like a blue tint. I

It's more like a blue tint. I have color but if the blue tint was gone it would look great.

Larry Dillon
So have you tryed to adjust

So have you tryed to adjust the grey scale or the red blue and gren for a good B&W picture yet?  your most likly going to need a service manual to assist you in this.  I will look this afternoon and see if I have one or one close enough so you can alighn the set.  The problem you describe, could be a bad tube, if this cam on all of a sudden or a bad CRT drive circuit.

Larry Dillon
Nope dont have one, but I

Nope dont have one, but I will look in a few other spots

shoylee
Yes I have tried to adjust

Yes I have tried to adjust the Red/Blue scale and no luck. I was told that it might be "Blue Yoke" no Idea what that is. I don't how old the TV is. We got it free and now I know why...

Larry Dillon
No, if it was a yolk problem

No, if it was a yolk problem you would not have any sweep or deflection on the screen and the set would most likly be dead. Sounds like maybe a picture tube? Oh by the way, the set is a 2002 model number.

shoylee
Thank You for your help. Is a

Thank You for your help. Is a picture tube costly. Do you know where I should get one..

Silva
Did you check the drivers on

Did you check the drivers on the crt board and  resistors ?you may need to change the CRT BOARD.

shoylee
I have no Idea how to work on

I have no Idea how to work on this TV. I guess I am going to have someone come and look at it..

Larry Dillon
Shoylee, play it safe and

Shoylee, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you if you do not know the safety precautions to heed when working on a solid state TV set.

shoylee
I thank you all for your help

I thank you all for your help and hope I resolve the issue. Also would that make the screen jump from time to time. Is this common for this make and do you know if it is worth my time or should I just go back to smaller tv's.

Larry Dillon
To tell you the truth, it

To tell you the truth, it realy would depend on how much you were given an estimate to repair, as if im not mistakin, a 2002 model.

Connect With Techlore