54" AKAI Television

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
coachman
54" AKAI Television

I am in need of convergency chips.  I have someone that can replace them for me but I need to get the info on the chips so I can order them.  Can you help me with the part numbers or where I can find them inside the tv.  The model number is PTH5498.  Any help would be appreciated.

Coachman

Silva
http://akaiusa.com/
Larry Dillon
What Numbers are on the

What Numbers are on the convergence IC's?

coachman
That is what I am trying to

That is what I am trying to find.  Where should I look to find the chips?

Larry Dillon
They are black, about 3" by 4

They are black, about 3" by 4 inches, they are mounted on a stand up metal type heat sink, and should start with STK.

coachman
I have replaced the chips and

I have replaced the chips and now it won't power up.  Has anyone had this problem?  If so, what did you do or check?

Coach

Larry Dillon
Double check your work! 

Double check your work!  Check all the connections and surrounding areas for solder bridges and or solder splashes.  Also check all of the plugs and jacks on the boards around and all over the boards you moved, to make sure they are not part way pulled out and are all seated correctly.

paGood
I am having a convergence

I am having a convergence problem. Sorry for tieing this to yourproblem, but it looks like the same as I have. The Tech told me thatboth hor & vert on Red and Vert on Blue is out.  My tV is anAKAI PTH5498 made by Samsung.  I found the ICs (STK392-040). Can I order them from any electronic shop?  Is there any tricks tochanging them?  I have worked on circuit boards before, sosoldering is not a problem.   Are there any other checks Ineed to make?  Thanks.    Phil

Larry Dillon
paGood, you should not use

paGood, you should not use just any STK as there are some inexpensive ones out there that will work but do not meet the originals specs of the bad IC's.  You can get good ones HERE  Dont forget that after you take out the old IC's to put plenty of heat sink compound on the back of the new IC's.  Just be carefull and check your work along with all the plugs and cables before plugging in the set.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out.

Connect With Techlore