Help... black screen when trying to record

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
billyjean
Help... black screen when trying to record

Can anyone help me?  I have a Quasar VM-L153 camcorder.  When looking through the viewfinder you see nothing.  Everything is black.  The lens cover IS off.  When using the VCR mode I have picture in the viewfinder and the LCD moniter.  Is there anyone that can help?

Larry Dillon
You may have a bad CCD sensor

You may have a bad CCD sensor assembly or relaited part(s).  Also when the camera is on try to Tap on the lens , towards the rear of the lens just a slight tap.  Sometimes the Iris gets jammed and need s some coaxing.  Also make sure someone did not turn the cameras auto function to manual.  These are monsters to repair, and without the proper equipment, its nearly impossible.  Pleae if you get no where with my little fixes, refer to a local servicer, as Im sure they can assist you in this repair. Good Luck, and if you can share with us , how you got the camcorder to work again.

billyjean
The slight tap didn't work.

The slight tap didn't work. How do I see if the auto function was changed to manual?  The frustrating thing is it's not that old.  I've only used it a handfull of times.

Larry Dillon
It would be in the menu or on

It would be in the menu or on the camera side.  Do you have a operations manual on this?  If you dont, you can download a free copy at this link.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OperMan/findmanual.aspx?model=VML153

Connect With Techlore