Samsung P207 dropped in Water

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cocoa
Samsung P207 dropped in Water

About a month on so ago, my samsung P207 phone dropped in a tub of water. I was able to immediately take it apart and dry it, but about a week later, the keypad stopped working. I am able to turn my phone on using the keypad, but thats it. Everything else works perfectly. But i can only hang up wen i close the phone, i cant do nething on my phone except receive incoming calls. I am unable to check my texts or anything else that invoves using the keypad.

Matt Whitlock
Electronic devices that have

Electronic devices that have been dropped in water sometimes work fine after being dried out, and sometimes will have loads of problems. I'm no stranger to this problem, which reminds me of the QCP-1960 I dropped in water about 8 years ago or so. After a week drying out, it started up fine and worked for a few days, but then had all kinds of goofy issues. My only option was to get the handset replaced. 

Most cell providers have ways to get replacement handsets (usually refurbished) for a relatively low price. Check with your service provider for details.

Random person
You should have tried puting

You should have tried puting it in alchol (no it doesn't get your phone high). But I don't think it'll work now this much time has passed. You have to do pretty soon.

Matt Whitlock
Random person said: You

Random person said: You should have tried puting it in alchol (no it doesn't get your phone high). But I don't think it'll work now this much time has passed. You have to do pretty soon.

Random advice from a Random person... :-)

I've never heard of this solution, but am intrigued. Is this something you've tried in the past with success? What was the device and the situation? 

Connect With Techlore