Toshiba Projection TV model TP48E60 picture problem

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dan Lee
Toshiba Projection TV model TP48E60 picture problem

Problem:

I have a Toshiba Projection TV (model TP48E60) that recently lost the picture and on-screen display. Sound is OK. Any suggestions on what may have caused this

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Generally, when a projection

Generally, when a projection set has good sound, but no picture, the Vertical circuit has failed and made the video blank out. it will do this so that the Picture tubes do not get burn makes across the front of them from the high brightness of a of the picture with no vertical sweep. The biggest clue to this is when you said you had no on-screen display as well. if the problem was just a video circuit like a PIP problem, most of the time the Menu would be there. There is several things that can cause this proble in the vertical circuit. The biggest one would be the Vertical Output IC has bad connections on it, or has electricly failed. You will need to test all the voltages around the IC first to make sure you have all the proper drives and voltages. If you do no know how to read a schematic diagram or have any solid state TV repair, please seek out an authorized Toshiba repair person to assist you with this repair. its not a place to be experimenting around inside of. Good Luck, and please let us know how you made out.

Dan Lee
My TV problem is when you

My TV problem is when you turn on TV working OK, but around 10 or 15 minute later has no picture has sound. However you try to go to PIP or anything else, just have sound only.

Thanks

Dan Lee
My TV problem is when you

My TV problem is when you turn on TV working OK, but around 10 or 15 minute later has no picture has sound. However you try to go to PIP or anything else, just has sound only. If turn off TV for an hour and turn on TV again will has picture and sound then TV has no picture after 10 or 15 minute later. I know how to read a schematic diagram, but I don’t have schematic at all.Thanks

Larry Dillon
Try what I posted, as thats

Try what I posted, as thats exactly what the symptoms will be.

hvald
where is the vertical output

where is the vertical output IC located? Thanks in advance. Hector

shannon3605
toshiba theaterview 61a61

toshiba theaterview 61a61 62in tv uncle is deceased and i inherited his tv but no remote bought new in 2001 i have a philips remote "universal" but no code how can i unlock it with out the code we have menu up but no sound or image just the menu

DVD PLAYBACK
Hello: My DVD Picture is

Hello: My DVD Picture is Distorted, jittery 7 Unwatchable.
Before you ask: I've tried 3 DVD players, Game system, & even a VHS player. I have tried to bypass my AV system, Tried every hook-up choice. Composite, S-Video, even the old "Yellow RCA" Sound is perfect on all choices. Cable TV is perfect both Audio & Video. Everything is fed thru my AV Receiver. Even when I bypass the A/V system and go direct I show the same problem. REMEMBER: Cable shows PERFECTLY regardless of how its hooked up.
SET-UP: (1) Coax comes in the house to Cable Box. (2) RED BLUE GREEN leaves cable box to A/V Receiver. (3) RED BLUE & GREEN leaves Cable box to TV. (4) DVD enters A/V System (5 AV System enters TV thru RED BLUE GREEN.
Every other option available I have tried INCLUDING Direct DVD to TV
.........Same Issue. Bottom Line: I've narrowed down the problem to something in the TV that reads ONLY COMPONENTS. REMEMBER: CABLE READS FINE ...HELP !!

Connect With Techlore