Phillips problems

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trev
Phillips problems

I bought a phillips crt tv 60PP935217. The guy I bought it from decide to do some maintance and pulled the blue lens off not knowing that their was coolant inside. Some of the coolant got on the board it was pluged in but never turned on I cleaned the board with alocohl, I got it cleaned and all dry even under all the transistors and etc and I replaced the coolant that got out. Now when I turn the tv on I hear a click and it sounds like it is trying to fire up and the power light is on. About 10 to 15 seconds I hear another click and it all shuts itself off. Any Ideas on what might cause this. I would be gratefull for any help. trev

Jyrred
How long did you let it dry?
How long did you let it dry? How much glycol was spilled? If it was a lot, this stuff is hard to clean up, did you use denatured alcohol?
Don't use rubbing alcohol, it has oil in it as for rubbing/skin..If you can get denatured, go to the liquor store and get some ever clear or some thing, you need the board out of the set. And  laying flat, I'd put some of the alcohol in a spray bottle , it will go farther. You'll need a couple cheap small paint brush's. The work the alcohol with the brush , in -under connector components, every thing you can, make sure you clean the bottom of the board also... Then lean it. So you can use the spray bottle to rinse the board. You can then use distilled water and dawn dish soap. if you still have crap on the board, this work's to left the crap. the rinse with destilled water.., just be careful around the transformer's, that you don't get them much.. And let this dry over a heater vent... Etc..depending on how hot it get's... For 12 to 24 hour's just make sure she's dry...but it sound like you still have some glycol, conducting, somewhere..  Oh make sure you warm up the soap water mix , fairly hot, same with the rinse.. fairly hot. but not steaming hot...
Jyrred
I was gonna mention. that I

I was gonna mention. that I know you cleaned this board but.. if you missed some glycol.. this stuff will not dry-up and go away. so as I mentioned it might take a couple real good cleaning's the hot water and soap work's good, the alcohol loosen's this stuff but kind of let's it then-out and leave a flim, . that where the hot soapy water come's in... good luck 

Larry Dillon
Make the fool who opened the

Make the fool who opened the lens clean it up!

Jyrred
their ya go!... make him buy

their ya go!... make him buy you one of those power-washer's.

Trev
thanks guys for all the help

thanks guys for all the help
I will try what you have recommened

Jyrred
If you've never done anything
If you've never done anything like this before, get some masking tape and label all your connector's  , make yourself a diagram, you'll probably need it when you go back together with it. And study the fly back Leeds , how they disconnect . Make sure your not grounded.. Maybe use some rubber clove's. Fly back's will hold a charge, I've had them blow a pin hole all the way trough a finger before, bone and all..
I guess you do have a bit  of experience, if you've come this far..the old rule of thumb, is to work on these with one hand in your pocket, as to bypass the heart if zapped..but that hard to do... I've been literally knocked through a wall once,  not all the way... But get the idea .  
Trev
I got them labeled and I'm

I got them labeled and I'm going back into her.

Jyrred
Also should have been
Also should have been mentioned , If you think you got it clean the first time.. It's possible that you didn't get every thing hooked back up.. So look every thing over again.. You might be surprised when your taking it all apart and come across a connection that's already disconnected .. LOL
Trev
Are you thinking that its

Are you thinking that its just not clean. Because of what it is doing now when I try to turn it on.

Jyrred
That what I'm thinking. Is it
That what I'm thinking. Is it may not be clean... But their's a chance that something got zapt  the glycol is really conductive..but just a little anywhere can pull the set into a safety shut down, only one way , and that's to clean it like I mentioned earlier. And hope..  
Rogerb10
yes   i   have   a   tv   i  

yes   i   have   a   tv   i    am    working   on    magnavox    model-  ms3252s431     the   tv   will    cut   on    but    goes    back   off   need   help   with   tv    put   a   new   flyback   in    and   still   the   same.   roger

Jyrred
I believe your post ended up

I believe your post ended up in some else's post.LOL

MOtvGuy
It may not have been turned

It may not have been turned on but if it was plugged in it was still in the standby mode.  At the very least you probably took out the LSB board. I would suggest changing it. 

Trev
Are you from Missouri I live

Are you from Missouri I live at lake of the ozarks can you get that for me or point me in the right direction

MOtvGuy
Part number for the LSB board

Part number for the LSB board

Trev
thank you  

thank you

Connect With Techlore