Sony DVD/VCR Combo RDRvx530

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Terry78
Sony DVD/VCR Combo RDRvx530

Hello,

I just bought a Sony DVD/VCR RDRvx530 and I cannot get the set up menue to show up on tv screen.  I have followed all the install instructions but it still will not come through.  I have tried to play video and dvd but nothing comes through.  I have a satallite-dishnetwork new and an old RCA tv.  I have hooked everything up the way the instructions tell me to but I can't get the menu for dvd/vcr to show up.  Everything else works fine.

Terry78

Matt Whitlock
How did you hook it up to the

How did you hook it up to the television? Maybe you got some wires crossed somewhere.

Ethan
Matt,

Matt,
I hooked it up just the way the directions instructed me to. I am at the office so I can't picture it but I used the video wires that came with it. I think I went to line in on the recorder (yellow, white, red) to line out on the reciever. But I also tried to hook it straight to tv and still did not get a picture.
Terry

MichaelBlanchard
Did You Every Come Up With An

Did You Every Come Up With An Answer About This?

I Am Having The Same Problem

Ethan
I never did find the problem.

I never did find the problem.  I took it back to the store, and just kept my old one.  Sorry I could not help.

dans_repair_service
If your TV has a monitor out

If your TV has a monitor out &/or a video out, this should be connected to the "input" of the DVD/VCR.  Also, the "output" jacks should be connected to the "input" side of the TV for viewing.  From the description of hte initial posting, I think that the cables were connected backwards.   At the least, jot down the exact wording around the connectors on both teh TV and DVD/VCR and post them here.  We can than diagram the connections for you.

Dan

Connect With Techlore