the videos i send to the mp4 have an echo sound

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
trace143
the videos i send to the mp4 have an echo sound

Hi i hope someone very clever can help me i am very new at this being a grandma lol but i still love my tunes i brought an mp4 and i am having no aftersales help at all other than change the resolution and go away and now he wont answer my emails

When i transfer music videos or the kids videos onto the mp4 the picture is fine but the sound is terrible like an echo you cant understand what they are saying

If i send music or pictures its fine but just not the music to the videos

Please help many many thanks in advance Trace xx  Cry

Matt Whitlock
What MP4 player did you

What MP4 player did you purchase? Perhaps it's compatible with another codec that may clear up your audio woes.

BUDA
Hiya ah thanks so much for

Hiya ah thanks so much for your reply my head is in the shed lol its got no markings on at all its from a chap in hong kong who says he is in the uk but hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm a complete joke wished i hadnt of had it but like a few say they are a good price and look really good the gobbledegook instructions say i have to convert the mpeg or others into avi which i have done and then they do send to the mp4 but with terrible sound i have had 1 email form him saying below i think it is terrible how they just say bog off after they have your money

i dont know how to reduce the resolution i have been on the properties but that doesnt do anything i am not that much of a brainbox in this department

thanks so much again for your reply i live in hope some one from this clever site will know

many thanks again tracexxFrown

(sorry we offer no support for the usage of the software and player. you need to learn how to convert the files properly yourself.  

you need to adjust the setting when converting the files as the player CPU isn't comparable to your desktop and requires lower resolution and etc. Please also play around with the sampling rate of the file also.)
Matt Whitlock
What program are you

What program are you currently using to convert your video files to AVI? Maybe there are some settings you could adjust, or maybe there's an entirely different program you could look into.

BUDA
Hi Matt it just says amv

Hi Matt it just says amv convert tool its a program that came with the disc there is a settings on there but it will only reduce the screen width and height there is an audio option but it wont let you click on it like its just writing and not a link like when you hover over it nothing happens if i could click on that there is a box that says 22.05K but it wont let me click onto it do you have any programs in mind that i could try please i am so grateful for your help thanks again Trace xx        Frown

Matt Whitlock
Not knowing much about the

Not knowing much about the player, it's hard to know what codecs it will and won't read. However, no harm in trying!

The first program I'd try is the Divx Converter program. There's a free trial of the full version on the Divx site. If it works, this program will be the best choice.  If it works, it's only 19.99 to purchase. If it doesn't we'll try to find something else. You can find Divx for Windows available for download here: http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

BUDA
Hi Matt I have just

Hi Matt I have just downloaded it and tried it but its just saying it (cannot encode files with variable frame rates please make sure all input files contain a constant frame rate) on a few other videos it was coming up with error and a number oh dear im not having much luck am i

Its with it having to be an AMV file or else the player wont accept it but i cant get that far with some of the programs oh dear my head is cabbaged lol thanks again for all your help Matt speak soon Trace xx

Matt Whitlock
What kind of video file are

What kind of video file are you trying to encode (file format and type, like movie, TV show, internet clip, etc.)? Where did it come from?

Do you know anywhere online I could see a picture of the product you have, get a brand name, model number, or take a peak at the (most likely) poorly translated manual?

Hang in there, we'll figure it out.

BUDA
Hi Matt ah thanks your a star

Hi Matt ah thanks your a star yes i have the mans id on ebay its mensan666 if you have ebay if you put in his id on community and view sellers items to look at his listings he says they are from the uk and that he is in the uk but when it arrived it came from hong kong i have the manual if you want me scan it or something for you if you like the manual is terrible lol

I am trying to convert files of my children taken from my phone and digital camera and files taken from the internet they are in mpeg or mpg or wmv or avi files but it wont convert any of them the the man says that i need to change the resolution but when i go onto the program he gave me it wont let me go onto the audio part so there is nothing i can do there

Thanks again Matt so much speak soon Trace xx

Matt Whitlock
I've been doing a little

I've been doing a little hunting and research into your situation. I'm not all that familiar with generic Chinese produced "MP4" players. Here's what I've found out:

Running video on these products requires that the file format be in .amv, which is a high compression, low quality video format almost exclusively used on these kinds of products.  There's not many tools I've been able to find that handle converting video to AMV. For a little more on AMV, you can read this entry from the Wikipedia.

I did find this page, which has several downloads for players like yours. They list a conversion tool called "AMV Convert Tool", in two versions 4.05 and 3.68. Many folks are reporting issues with 4.05, but you may want to give both a shot. Please scan any foreign downloads for viruses, malware, and spyware pre and post installation.

Give these tools a go and post back with your results.

Good Luck! 

BUDA
Hi Matt I have tried these

Hi Matt I have tried these programs and they dont work i need to convert to AVI and even once i have done they still sound echoey i have had a lovely chap email me from your site with the same mp4 from the same guy so i am going to give his help a try now

The mp4 trashed my computer i was without it for just under a week i dont really know if it was or if it was just a coincidence but it got stuck in a bootloop mode while i was putting pictures on and it wouldnt come out of it so was in the shop for a while

I havnt had it back on the pc again since so im very wary now to go and try lol

Thanks very much again Matt i will get back to you real soon

Thands again Trace xx

BUDA
It worked Gary a very clever

It worked Gary a very clever chap helped me and it worked i now have a very good mp4 thanks so much gary if you are here i am off to email you now with another small question lol thanks very much again Trace xx

Matt Whitlock
Trace,

Trace,

Could you post the help you received from Gary so that others can benefit from his wisdom? No need in hiding a good solution from folks who may be in the same boat as you.

BUDA
Oh god yes i am sorry i never

Oh god yes i am sorry i never thought

((((Go to my computer and click on your c/programs, then find the mp4player folder and go to the amvconverter folder, then double click amvtransform. It says configuration settings and the file size is 11kb.

Once you have done that look for Chiptype=1 you need to change it to Chiptype=0 then close the file and save on command.))))

Its just changing that 1 to a 0 who would beleive it would make so much difference he is a clever chap he worked on that all week i am so grateful to him and your site for the answer

Take care thanks and thank-you very much Gary love Trace xx

Connect With Techlore