Problems with Fuji FinePix F10 Camera :( Help?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Samesy
Problems with Fuji FinePix F10 Camera :( Help?

I don't know if it's broken or i have a setting stuck on that i shouldn't...when i take a photo at night using the flash it is fine and works perfectly but in any light environment the photo comes out all grainy...white stripes all over it.  Can anyone help me?

FYI - The flash is set to auto.

Thanks!!

Larry Dillon
This may concern you, Im not

This may concern you, Im not sure.  Please read and contact the number thats posted.

Service Advisory to Owners of the FinePix A303, F410, and F700 Digital Cameras

Thank you for your patronage of Fujifilm FinePix digital cameras.

FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. announces that some of the FinePix A303, F410, and F700 digital camera models may develop a problem with the CCD imaging sensor. However, the problem affects a limited number of units and may not occur in all cameras.

The symptoms are captured images that appear completely black, have a purplish cast or multi- colored distortions. These symptoms would be seen on the camera LCD monitor when the camera is in the shooting mode or during playback. A limited number of these models will have these problems. The following list of serial numbers and model names may be affected:

Model Serial Number Range
FinePix A303 3JA4****~3JA5****
FinePix F410 32A1****
32A6****~32A7****
32A9****
FinePix F700 33A0****
34A1****

Serial numbers are found on the bottom of the cameras

If your camera serial number is on the list and experiences the symptoms described above and have no other additional damage/malfunction, FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. will repair your camera at no charge, even if your standard one-year limited warranty has expired. If your camera is beyond the standard one year, limited warranty period, you will receive a written estimate for any additional damages or malfunctions not listed in this Service Advisory.

This announcement is issued by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. and is limited to only those Fujifilm products imported to the U.S.A. by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. and sold by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. to authorized dealers.

IF SERVICE IS NEEDED:
Package the camera carefully using ample padded material to prevent damage in transit. Include your name, address and phone number with the shipment as well as a general description of the problem. Keep a record of the camera's serial number and shipment tracking number. Ship your camera to the Fuji Service Center noted below:

Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc.
1100 King George Post Rd.
Edison, NJ 08837
Attn: Camera Repair Dept./CCD Advisory

briba
Thanks, I'm pretty sure mine

Thanks, I'm pretty sure mine is different...it was made in Japan and sold in the UK.  Appreciate your response though Smile

Larry Dillon
Oh! Ok but still contact the

Oh! Ok but still contact the company over there. your complaint sounds very much like the problem they are having over her. Oh maybe make the company start a recall in the UK as well!? OMG! Wonder if thats possable? Good luck and please keep us all informed of what you did to get your camera fixed

Larry Dillon
I found this site for the UK

I found this site for the UK my freind.  Check it out. http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=35915 Might I suggest, then, contacting Sony and Fuji in the UK directly? Maybe by 'phone?  The paperwork that came with my Sony cameras and my Fuji F700 have local support phone numbers. I'll bet yours do too. I know it's terribly old fashioned, but the telephone can still be effective!
Fuji: 0870 084 1314 or 0870 084 1310

briba
Lol...yeah, old fashioned it

Lol...yeah, old fashioned it is but called and they are happy to investigate the problem, I've emailed some sample photos and they are getting back to me.  They were very helpful, sometimes the simplest answer is the best one!  Thanks Larry Laughing

Connect With Techlore