Volume but no picture

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
detel
Volume but no picture

I have a 52" RCA ProScan PS52682 that the picture went out on. I have volume. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I had a new power supply installed about 2 years ago. I'm thinking maybe a diode or fuse or something easy or maybe i'm just dreaming and hoping that it will be an easy fix.

detel

Larry Dillon
The fact that the volume is

The fact that the volume is still there will indicate that the power supply is good.  Most likely, you have some type of sweep problem, in the vertical circuit.  In alot of projection set, there is a video blanking  circuit that will activate if and when it senses no vertical sweep.  It does this because in the past, in early models of projection TV sets, when there was a vertical falure, the Picture Tubes would get a burn on to the front of the screen surfaces, as the vertical falure would cause a bright line.  If this is the case, the vertical driver IC is most likely the cause of the problem.  Sometimes ,as well as the IC being bad, a power supply diode, as well as a current limiter resistor will cause. the set to fail.  If you have no electronic TV serviceing experience, PLEASE call in a pro to assist you in this repair.  A TV such as this, is no place to be experimenting inside of.  If you need further assistance, try to get a service manual, and forward me a copy and I will do my best to assist you.  Good Luck and please keep us all informed as to the progress of this repair.

Connect With Techlore