dvd camcorder

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
dvdcamman
dvd camcorder

Hello all, i recently bought a dvd camcorder. I now have several disks which I would like to break down into clips (ie every time i pressed the button to start filming to when i pressed the button to stop)and arrange them in the order I would like and also on to 4.7gb disks . I am having terrible trouble copying to the hard disk alone never mind getting to the breaking down bit, I have used nero, power producer to no avail any help would be appreciated

Matt Whitlock
If your camcorder has a IEEE

If your camcorder has a IEEE-1394 (firewire) output, you may be able to connect it to your PC using a firewire cable, and it will read off the disc contents into a video editing program. What camcorder do you own?

dvdcamman
Thanks for answering, the

Thanks for answering, the camcorder I own is panasonic vdr-d100 I have finalised 1.4gb disks though and would like to take three disks for example, arrange the clips in broke down form in an order I want and then assemble them onto a 4.7gb disk ie i was in disney and one of the parades starts on one disk and ends on another so i would like to have them on the same disk

Matt Whitlock
Since the Panasonic Camcorder

Since the Panasonic Camcorder you own doesn't have any means of transferring data in a useable format to the PC, you're going to have to rely on third party ripping programs to transform the MPEG-2 format on the DVDs into something more readily usable by consumer grade video editing programs, or find an all encompassing suite to do the job.

One such option is the IMTOO DVD Ripper Platinum Software 4.0, which allows you to rip DVD discs to a variety of different formats. You can then use video editing software to combine/join all the clips together into one complete file. You'll also need software that can take the finished file and turn it back to a DVD compatible file.

You may be able to find a video suite that can handle all steps for you. Adobe's Premiere Elements 3.0 should do the trick, and you can probably find it on sale at various retailers this holiday. Premeire Elements should read the disc contents natively, allow you to edit and join them, and can easily output DVD compatible files. There's a bit of a learning curve, but you should be able to figure it out with a little trial and error. Adobe has a shareware version that allows you to try the product before buying it, which I highly recommend you do.

Best of luck, and please keep us informed.

dvdcamman
Thanks very much I shall try

Thanks very much I shall try that in the near future and let you know how it went

Connect With Techlore