Please Help: confused and lost

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gwenny3080
Please Help: confused and lost

Ok, here's the skinny.

My mom has a sylvania tv/dvd/vcr combo and she is trying to hook her new magnavox dvd recorder.

She's trying to make a copy of our family reunion dvd but we cannot get the dvd recorder to record from the dvd. Maybe she has her connections hooked up wrong. If so, would someone please assist me with step by step directions so that I can fix it for her.

Larry Dillon
Is there a video output or an

Is there a video output or an rf output on the combo unit?  If not sorry cannot use combo unit to play.  If there is an audio and video output on the combo unit simply hook up the outputs from the combo to the INPUTS of the DVD recorder.  You may have to gointo the DVD recorders main menu and find an input selector to switch to the auxilary inputs.  Hope this helps.  Please let us know if you need further assistance.  Good Luck

Matt Whitlock
I agree with Larry. Most

I agree with Larry. Most combos do not output video from the DVD section. 

If this is a home video DVD, I'd recommend using a computer to copy the disc. It's much easier.

You'll need:

• A computer with a DVD burner
  • Software capable of cloning DVD media (like Nero 6 and above, Alcohol 120%, Roxio, etc.)
  • A blank DVD-R or DVD+R, depending on what the recorder is compatible with.

If you don't have the things mentioned, I bet a friend or family member does. Ask them to make a copy for you.

Gwenny3080
thank you both so much. I

thank you both so much. I will look for the outputs and if I cannot locate them, I will use my computer. thank you Smile

Larry Dillon
Great call Matt! Thanks for

Great call Matt! Thanks for the support. And Gwenny 3080 Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress because we all can learn from one another.

Connect With Techlore