50" Fitjitsu Plasma TV

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bhachu5272
50" Fitjitsu Plasma TV

We have a 50" Fitjitsu Plasma TV, we are connected thru direct TV.  We get sound on our TV and no pictures.  The red standby light stays on flashing.  We tried to reset the direct tv receiver, unplugged the TV etc, and still no picture.

After unplugging and replugging a hazzy, fuzzy colored picture appears for a few seconds and then screen goes blank and standby light flashes again.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-(

Thank you,

Barb 

Larry Dillon
Barb, Thats an indication

Barb, Thats an indication when the light flashes that the bulb is bad in the light engine.  Im not sure if thats part of the three year warranty or not, you would need to look that up in the owners manual, or call the location where you purchased the set.  Good Luck, and please keep us informed of your progress.

Bhachu5272
Thank you Larry.  We do have

Thank you Larry.  We do have an extended warranty (thru Good guys ;-/) and they will be out on Wednesday to check it out.  I will keep you posted.

Barb 

Larry Dillon
Thank you Barb. Smart choice

Thank you Barb. Smart choice with the extended warranty!  Have you see this yet?  http://www.techlore.com/article/14812/  Lots of great stuff here.

Bhachu5272
Thanks for  the info, I haven

Thanks for  the info, I haven't seen this before......... I guess it's worth having extended warranty if you  have to use it ;-).

Barb

MOtvGuy
If that's a Plasma set it won

If that's a Plasma set it won't have an engine.  Possible problems with that include a bad main board, one of the Sustain boards, power supply or at worst, a bad plasma panel.  You'll need a servicer to look at it. 

Larry Dillon
Motvguy is correct.  I

Motvguy is correct.  I thought it was a plasma projection, but its not.  Under warranty anywho.  Problems with these sustain boards I see after reading a few things about this set.

Bhachu5272
Thanks again, I guess I will

Thanks again, I guess I will find out Wednesday that is when the
service guy comes out.  How annoying not having your big screen on
game day.  (Niner fans ;-).....................

Thanks

Barb 

Connect With Techlore