Audio Problem

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jim36
Audio Problem

This one has me fooled . I have a Magnavox 17MF200V/17 which I hooked up to my PC . I only have 3 plug in's in the rear which are 12 V power supply - VGA cable - PC Audio in . There is a plug (which looks like a Parallel port for a computer printer  but it is not) where a TV Tuner would be located. I do not have a tuner with this TV MONITOR . My problem is I can not get the sound to work (2 speaker on Monitor) . I have a speaker wire coming from my sound card on the computer to the monitor (which I pluged in another speaker and it works) My manual says I need a " PC audio adapter cable". I do not know what that would be nor does anyone I have asked .  Would anyone out there have an idea ? Jim 

Larry Dillon
Is the input to the monitor

Is the input to the monitor for the sound a phono type plug and is it a direct connection to the speakers on the monitor, or does it run  through and audio switch or processor? If it does are there any thing in the menu for the monitor that controls the sound?

Jim36
The input to the monitor is a

The input to the monitor is a reg. speaker cable (not mono) . I do not believe it goes through and audio switch or processor . On the monitor Menu there are no options for the audio . Jim

Larry Dillon
I found this. http://www
Jim36
The first link is very

The first link is very interesting but I do not have those inputs on the monitor but I do have those outputs on the sound card. If I installed a tuner it might work . The Tuner would have those inputs . Thanks

Larry Dillon
No problem, please let us

No problem, please let us know how you made out.

Connect With Techlore