Bad Images with my Dimage A1

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
FXG
Bad Images with my Dimage A1

Two weeks ago I took numerous pix with my Dimage A1.  Most were fine but 2-3 had shading issues within the image.  Basically the top half appeared lighter than the bottom.  Today the images are completely unusable.  When I look through the viewfinder, I see something resembling vertical blinds of various shades of gray.  If I take a picture with the flash, the colors are off and the image is unfocused/distorted.

Any ideas as to the cause?

Thanks,

FXG

Larry Dillon
It sounds like an issue with

It sounds like an issue with the CCD sensor and or the sensor drive circuitry.  You should check with  Minolta HERE if there are any problems with the sensors with that model, as there is a sensor recall for several other makers of cameras and camcorders.  You can read about it here.  Please keep us informed with this issue.  Good Luck

FXG
Mr. Dillon,

Mr. Dillon,

Thanks for the information and the link.  The images shown on the website are very similar to the images produced by my camera and the Dimage A1 is listed as one that was affected. 

FXG

Larry Dillon
Keep us informed please. Im

Keep us informed please. Im glad I found this several months ago, as it has help many many peeps get their equipment repaired.

FXG
Sony Support performed the

Sony Support performed the repair and, even though the camera was 2 years out of warranty, it cost me nothing.  They even sent to me a shipping label so I didn't pay for shipping either.  I received and tested the camera today and it is as good as new.  Btw, Sony bought the Minolta camera division or something like that.  That is why I needed to contact Sony.  They confirmed over the telephone that it was the CCD Sensor problem.  The telephone number of Sony Support for the Konica/Minolta cameras is (877) 462-4464.

Larry Dillon
Good Glad to hear this.  Its

Good Glad to hear this.  Its good we keep up on things like this to pass along to our visitors and members.

Connect With Techlore