RCA P52731WK Projection TV

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
clicklester
RCA P52731WK Projection TV

I have a RCA P52731WK projection TV. I am getting no power to the control panel. Any suggestions? Does anyone know what voltage I should be reading on the fuse at the AC line filter?

Larry Dillon
It should be 120 volts AC on

It should be 120 volts AC on the input fuse.  Just unplug the set and measure to see if it measures any resistance.  If it measures a short across it, its good.  What is the chassis number on this set?

clicklester
I am only reading 16.2 volts

I am only reading 16.2 volts at the fuse. The chassis number is PTK169PGB. Am i safe in assuming that the AC line filter is bad.

Larry Dillon
Measure the voltage across

Measure the voltage across the two inputs of the line filter, should be 120 Volts AC, then measure across the two outputs of the AC line filter, should still be 120 volts AC. if at the input its not 120volts AC then the line cord or the AC wall socket is bad.

clicklester
I have double checked the

I have double checked the cord and I am getting 120volts to the input. I did a number of voltage checks at various test points on the main chassis. Where I should have been getting a reading of 9 or 12 volts, I was only getting less than 1. In fact, at a point where I should have got 12, I got .5volt and it faded to 0??? From what I have heard thus far in my research, the power supply is a common problem on similar RCA models???

Larry Dillon
These are true problems that

These are true problems that I have repaired in a CTC 169 chassis

Dead set, if it does come on poor regulation, hissing sound in deflection.
open C4102 2.2uf@100vdc
Comments: When plugged in current rises and lowers until pin 8 of u4101 exceeds 2.5vdc and then u4101 shuts down. If you monitor CR4118 you will find over 200vdc briefly. Replace open C4102 2.2uf@100vdc RCA part number 24202

INTERMITTENT SHUTDOWN OR DEAD SET
CHECK/REPLACE R4110,C4401 AND CR4902

DEADSET BUT SOUNDS LIKE IT TRIES TO COME ON AND THEN SHUTS BACK DOWN.
CHECK/REPLACE T4401 FOR SHORT (OVER CURRENT)-UNSOLDER PIN 1 OF FLYBACK-PUT 100W. BULB FROM PIN 1'S SOURCE TO GROUND

DEAD SET - BLOWN FUSE
CHECK/REPLACE Q4101 (P/N# 200165) AND U4101 (P/N# 200419)

SET PULSES ON 3 TIMES THEN GOES OFF
CHECK/REPLACE T4102

DEAD SET - HAS A CLICKING NOISE FROM CHOPPER TRANSFORMER
CHECK/REPLACE CR4401

DEAD SET - NO RELAY CLICK
CHECK/REPLACE CR3102 (P/N# 164717

NO START-UP
CHECK/REPLACE C4141

SHUTS OFF WITH RAW B+ ONLY
CHECK/REPLACE CR4101 (INTERMITTENT)

DEAD SET - MISSING 11 VOLTS TO PIN#16 OF U4101
CHECK/REPLACE CR4101 SHORTED (P/N# 164588 OR ECG552)

seldeed
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Is it ok to change out, the 2.2 with a 4.7?

Marv. 

Larry Dillon
I certainly would not, as I

I certainly would not, as I am not an engineer, so I would not redesign the circuit.

jlove
Hello, I have a RCA model

Hello, I have a RCA model P52731wk and the volume stop working. What do you suggest is wrong with it?

Larry Dillon
first i to check the simple

first i to check the simple stuff like MUTE, the speaker on off in the main menu. or is here a speaker switch on he back of the set?

Larry Dillon
what is the chassis number of

what is the chassis number of the set? It should start with a CTC lettrs and numbers. such as ctc185 or ctc169?

Boy447374
jlove,

jlove,

It is more than likely the audio amp IC. Look on the vertical board and check the ic that is bolted onto the aluminum heat sink. It has 11 pins.

jdawg
I have a RCA model P52731WK

I have a RCA model P52731WK and the voltage splitter has gone out,I would like to know how hard is it to change and where can i get the part from.

Larry Dillon
It is not hard at all to

It is not hard at all to replace. Is this a PTK169PG chassis projection tv set?the chassis number bis located on the rear label on the model number tag.peel up the boots on the cables do not break them!!!! or cut them off once peeled uo push down on the cables and while pushishing down on them twist them i think counterclockwise. to unhook them do not pullm up on them as you will bend the also short the ends to the metal chassis around the picture tubes as if you touch them you could get a big /good shock.hooks out of round and ruin them
Larry Dillon

jdawg
Yes this is the PTK169PGB

Yes this is the PTK169PGB chassis oky do u know where i can get the part at. So i don't want to touch the wires with my fingers or to the TV.

Connect With Techlore