Magnavox projection TV entire picture slightly aligned to the right

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
japsr
Magnavox projection TV entire picture slightly aligned to the right

I have a Philips Magnavox Projection TV Model 9P6031 C103. The entire picture is slightly aligned to the right. The picture quality is fine just shifted slightly to the right. Convergence was fine. Is there a way to adjust this problem?

2/15/07 Now when I turn the set on the picture is shrunk in the center of the screen and distorted. After the set is on for about twenty minutes the screen returns to normal size.

While the screen is shrunk it also seems to be cross channeling as I can hear 2 stations in the sound. The picture reacts to very light images by trying to shrink when the very light immage appears.

Again, after the set has been on for about 20 minutes the screen is ok, but is still somewhat misalgned.

What is happening to this set?

japsr
3/8/07 Can someone please

3/8/07 Can someone please respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yell

Larry Dillon
You have a power supply

You have a power supply problem or a horizontal sweep problem.  This is not going to be a repair that an untrained person will be able to repair.  it could be a simple bad solder connection or a pincussion problem, a horizontal correction circuit problem.  A schematic to trace out this problem will most likely be in order to repair a problem like this.  play it safe and call out a pro to assist you in this repair.  good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

japsr
Thanks Larry,

Thanks Larry,

The problem was a bad ic in the power supply board.

It's fixed and works great.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Laughing

Larry Dillon
glad to know!! Thanks for

glad to know!! Thanks for responding!   Laughing

ecollier2012
It's not the convergence IC

It's not the convergence IC that causes this problem. This is very common problem with this model. The screen will shrink and expand or it will just loose audio/video but the power light will remain on. Its a problem with an IC on the LSB board.
You can get a repair kit at http://wwww.magnavoxhelp.com

tracey81
Hello i have a magnavox

Hello i have a magnavox projector tv...the picture on it is very light sometimes it jumps..i dont have any money to fit it so i was wondering if anyone know what could be wrong with it?????????

Connect With Techlore