Panasonic DMR-ES20 suddenly wrong region?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
m2497
Panasonic DMR-ES20 suddenly wrong region?

My Panasonic DMR-ES20 dvd recorder suddenly won't play any DVD's saying the region isn't correct.  I have a feeling my little kids did something with the remote to change the region, but I don't know what - how can I fix this?  Please help!

kady
I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with my DMR-ES20.

It is also having a hard time keeping the time straight. I set it and a while later the hours are off.

Does anybody have any suggestions for these two problems?

m2497
I actually ended up calling

I actually ended up calling the company.  They had me reset the defaults and then they sent me a free firmware update that they said should keep it from happening again.  Just go to Panasonic's web page and call their 1-800 number for tech support.  There's a few menus to wade through but I got to a live person in about 5 minutes.

Matt Whitlock
m2497 said:

m2497 said:
I actually ended up calling the company. They had me reset the defaults and then they sent me a free firmware update that they said should keep it from happening again. Just go to Panasonic's web page and call their 1-800 number for tech support. There's a few menus to wade through but I got to a live person in about 5 minutes.

Great advice! Thank you for sharing your solution with the TechLore Community. I'm sure your experience will help more than a few folks that may face the same issue as you somewhere down the road.

kady
m2497 said: I actually ended

m2497 said: I actually ended up calling the company.  They had me reset the defaults and then they sent me a free firmware update that they said should keep it from happening again.  Just go to Panasonic's web page and call their 1-800 number for tech support.  There's a few menus to wade through but I got to a live person in about 5 minutes.

Thank you! The firmware upgrade seems to have fixed the problem.

Connect With Techlore